Music file format?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

AndyC160 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:25 am Tested in the car this morning...all seems to work well.

ripped CDs to FLAC format and copied them across to the SD card...a SanDisk ultra plus SDXC 64gb 150mb/s.

Thanks Col and Neil...Good suggestion re the SD card rather than a USB C stick👍

Album cover artwork appears on the pcm and track listing seem to be in order as well
I may have missed this in all the preceding posts... What software did you use to rip to FLAC out of curiosity?

AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

MooseMiller wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:11 pm
AndyC160 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:25 am Tested in the car this morning...all seems to work well.

ripped CDs to FLAC format and copied them across to the SD card...a SanDisk ultra plus SDXC 64gb 150mb/s.

Album cover artwork appears on the pcm and track listing seem to be in order as well
I may have missed this in all the preceding posts... What software did you use to rip to FLAC out of curiosity?
Windows Media player
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

AndyC160 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:51 pm
MooseMiller wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:11 pm

Windows Media player
Thanks - I'm a Mac user so will look around for something
samg

Post by samg »

MooseMiller wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:03 pm Thanks - I'm a Mac user so will look around for something
On a Mac I use XLD for ripping/converting and Tag Editor for tag editing.
Argo

Post by Argo »

On my Mac I have the Import Setting at 'Apple Lossless Encoder' seems to work fine.
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

samg wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:31 pm
MooseMiller wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:03 pm Thanks - I'm a Mac user so will look around for something
On a Mac I use XLD for ripping/converting and Tag Editor for tag editing.
Good shout - looks decent
Ta
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Many thanks for the info for Apps for a Mac.

I now only have a very old Windows Laptop with a CD/DVD drive which I have been using for ripping the few CD’s we seem to buy now a days.

Neither our iMac or Macbook have an Optical Drive so I have been looking at some mobile Optical Drives, manufacturers that I have never heard of seem to populate the searches.

Any suggestions on make?

Ideally a CD and DVD Combo.

Cheers
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:08 pm Many thanks for the info for Apps for a Mac.

I now only have a very old Windows Laptop with a CD/DVD drive which I have been using for ripping the few CD’s we seem to buy now a days.

Neither our iMac or Macbook have an Optical Drive so I have been looking at some mobile Optical Drives, manufacturers that I have never heard of seem to populate the searches.

Any suggestions on make?

Ideally a CD and DVD Combo.

Cheers
I've always used the Apple external drive. Been using for years and it's outlived a few iMacs and MacBooks