Spare wheel extras

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:42 am That's bloody ridiculous, even Col is happy with ONE spare! :lol: :lol: :lol:
😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

That's really what you call a winter tyre :D
Macan S MY 2023
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The Renault Clio demonstrator car we were driving suffered a double blow-out tyre failure - both on the n/s - going over a pot hole!

Running on 205/45R17s all round. It had a space saver, but u/s in the circumstances.

We rang the dealership, but they had no recovery staff on duty as it was a Saturday afternnon.

So we rang Renault Assistance, the RAC, but Renault's RAC policy does not cover tyre punctures / failures! I explained that the car would need recovering....but no that was not covered!!!! They could do it, but at a £160 charge to us....

At that point we abandoned the car in a lay-by 50 meters away. On Monday the Renault dealership determined that they could not use their recovery truck, as the front bumper would scrape the ground [tyrying to pull it onto the truck] with the car being so low on the left side. So I arranged for my mobile tyre fitter to come out and fit two new tyres at the lay-by.

On checking the RAC have Renault tyre cover for an extra £6,50 p.m. charge [£78 p.a.].
Currently they AA are offering their full roadside and home assistance package, inc. tyre failures, for £78 p.a.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Our plan is to buy a collapsible wheel, jack, brace, etc.

Does anyone know the correct collapsible wheel part number for a 2019 Macan S on 20" wheels?

I have a scissor jack, which might suffice if coupled with the correct 'puck' for the lifting points, but I guess I'm better off getting the original screw jack?
So I need the part number for the jack too unless they're the same for all models/generations. I understand this can't be used on a GTS but mine's an S.

Thanks.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I think somebody has done such a "full retrofit" and posted all the part numbers somewhere in here during the last couple of years, if I could just conquer the search facility......
There's a starter for 10 here: viewtopic.php?t=5236&start=20
Not the one I was thinking of though, that involved sourcing some parts from the US.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I bought a used collapsable spare wheel and jack for my Macan earlier this year. Point to watch when buying the wheel is the date of manufacture , quite a few I looked at were dated 2016 & 2017 so 6-7 years old and you can't fit a new tyre to the rim. I bought my jack and tools from the US purely because I couldn't find a used one in the UK and the particular one I bought ( foam holder and tools inc) was only about £30 postage ( some were charging up to £80). The one item you will definitely need is the wheel locator pin, put my winter alloys on last week and would have been twice as difficult without it.
Part No on mine is 95B 601 027C tyre is dated 04/19 so I assume originally fitted a Gen 2. If you look at the subsection "wheels , tyres etc" I posted under the title "I'm halfway there"
There are plenty of Audi collapsable wheels on ebay but I'm not sure if they fit.