Is The Porsche club GB still worth it?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Porkerholic

Post by Porkerholic »

Hi all, recently bought a Macan S, 1st Porsche in 20 years used to have a 72 911 2.4E, was quite involved with the club, register sec and all that, but had to sell so left club. Question is at £75 yearly membership its quite an expensive club to join, is it still worth it ? Or is it now just blah blah and buy expensive products.....and if you don't have a 911 you are a lesser being.........?

pmg

Post by pmg »

I get more than £75 back with 6p litre off Esso supreme via PCGB fuel card and 10 % off servicing and parts at OPC

I attend Macan register monthly Zoom chats , the odd Southern Region meet and when nearby will attend a Macan Register meet/drive
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Porkerholic wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:24 am Hi all, recently bought a Macan S, 1st Porsche in 20 years used to have a 72 911 2.4E, was quite involved with the club, register sec and all that, but had to sell so left club. Question is at £75 yearly membership its quite an expensive club to join, is it still worth it ? Or is it now just blah blah and buy expensive products.....and if you don't have a 911 you are a lesser being.........?
As for pmg the fuel card has saved me money, £131 since February but I reckon I'm a higher mileage user than most, that's over 11,550 miles. I look at the monthly magazine, usually only when the next one arrives and find a few things of interest without reading it cover to cover. So far, in 2.5 years of membership I've only attended 3 events (all good) and am booked for another, the Macan 10th birthday factory trip in June. I recognise the two seater bias but don't let that put you off, your S is as quick as most of them!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I'm not a member (yet), but one OPC I have contacted have said they'll give me 5% off of all servicing costs with membership. The place I purchased from though said 0% so it obviously varies.
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:14 am I'm not a member (yet), but one OPC I have contacted have said they'll give me 5% off of all servicing costs with membership. The place I purchased from though said 0% so it obviously varies.
The official club benefit is 10% off parts, but as with anything OPC related, quality varies, on this one generally IN our favour though as it usually comes off the whole bill. Maybe your OPC has realised and simplified the book keeping with 5% across the board which must be beneficial as parts are rarely the biggest element.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

From the social side, Mike who runs the Macan Register, is a really enthusiastic guy who runs lots of events and gatherings and is very welcoming. And as others have said you can save more than the annual subscription by taking advantage of some of the deals and discounts offered by partners.

Ultimately being a club you only get out of it what you put in and with a bit of effort I've found it very worthwhile socially and financially.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I imagine it varies region to region. I’m in Region1 that’s southern Scotland. Plenty of events, nice people, good mix of cars. Got to one or two events as a trial to see if you like it.

Personally I would miss it a great deal if I didn’t have a Porsche. Says it all rwally
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

pmg wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:28 am I get more than £75 back with 6p litre off Esso supreme via PCGB fuel card and 10 % off servicing and parts at OPC
Yes, I joined on the basis that 6p off Esso Supreme was worth it, since our local service stations are both Essos.

Plus it saved me 10% off my car cover from Classic Additions, so I'm fairly sure it pays for itself.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper