Macan EV

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

GTB wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:45 pm Afternoon All,

This dropped into one of my own industry news alerts this afternoon!

"Germany’s government announced a premature end to its electric vehicle (EV) subsidy program.

After adopting a revised 2024 budget last week, the authorities decided to end this initiative on Monday, Reuters reported. The Economics Ministry specified that the decision came after spending approximately €10 billion since 2016, which translates into 2.1 million EVs currently traversing German roads.

The budget constraints became official following a ruling by the country’s constitutional court to reduce spending by €60 billion euros. This forced the state to limit energy transition initiatives, including the EV subsidy, which was originally intended to apply until the end of 2024.

The initiative allowed German citizens to qualify for an EV subsidy based on the date of the vehicle’s registration. However, since registration can only occur after the vehicle is delivered, individuals acquiring an EV since January would be ineligible for the subsidy.

This also represents a major blow to the German mobility industry, as local manufacturers have been struggling with the transition into e-mobility. Although authorities targeted 15 million EVs on German roads by 2030, achieving this goal may be jeopardized due to budget constraints.

"This goal was already considered extremely unrealistic. Now it seems completely illusory," said Ferdinand Dudenhoeffer, Analyst at the Center for Automotive Research, in an interview with the Rheinische Post newspaper.

Despite this , some manufacturers such as Volkswagen (VW) and Stellantis have already announced they will take over the government's shares of EV subsidies for specific models, such as VW’s ID.""

Cheers GTB.
I'm currently working right next door to Porsche's head office and I can see, looking through the top floor windows, a huge party going on!
They all seem to be... wait a minute... yes, they're all dancing the conga around a 911 on a turntable in the middle of the executive suite!

It may be a Christmas coincidence, or maybe they just cancelled all EV production?

andreas

Post by andreas »

GTB wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:45 pm

Despite this , some manufacturers such as Volkswagen (VW) and Stellantis have already announced they will take over the government's shares of EV subsidies for specific models, such as VW’s ID.""
Probably the only way they'll shift the cars.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

DJMCUK wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:22 pm
GTB wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:45 pm Afternoon All,

This dropped into one of my own industry news alerts this afternoon!

"Germany’s government announced a premature end to its electric vehicle (EV) subsidy program.

After adopting a revised 2024 budget last week, the authorities decided to end this initiative on Monday, Reuters reported. The Economics Ministry specified that the decision came after spending approximately €10 billion since 2016, which translates into 2.1 million EVs currently traversing German roads.

The budget constraints became official following a ruling by the country’s constitutional court to reduce spending by €60 billion euros. This forced the state to limit energy transition initiatives, including the EV subsidy, which was originally intended to apply until the end of 2024.

The initiative allowed German citizens to qualify for an EV subsidy based on the date of the vehicle’s registration. However, since registration can only occur after the vehicle is delivered, individuals acquiring an EV since January would be ineligible for the subsidy.

This also represents a major blow to the German mobility industry, as local manufacturers have been struggling with the transition into e-mobility. Although authorities targeted 15 million EVs on German roads by 2030, achieving this goal may be jeopardized due to budget constraints.

"This goal was already considered extremely unrealistic. Now it seems completely illusory," said Ferdinand Dudenhoeffer, Analyst at the Center for Automotive Research, in an interview with the Rheinische Post newspaper.

Cheers GTB.
I'm currently working right next door to Porsche's head office and I can see, looking through the top floor windows, a huge party going on!
They all seem to be... wait a minute... yes, they're all dancing the conga around a 911 on a turntable in the middle of the executive suite!

It may be a Christmas coincidence, or maybe they just cancelled all EV production?
🤣🤣
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Some more details revealed within this review.

Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:10 pm
Woodhouse wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:02 am ...MSM (which in my industry means ‘men who have sex with men’ so always makes me chuckle when that acronym is used for mainstream media)

Am curious now as to what industry you work in. 🤔
Am curious as to why you are curious WC 🤔 😉😘🤣
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

AndyC160 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:49 am
Woodhouse wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:02 am ...MSM (which in my industry means ‘men who have sex with men’ so always makes me chuckle when that acronym is used for mainstream media)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:43 pm
AndyC160 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:49 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I am curious too… @Andy, have mercy
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

mueslibrown wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:52 am
Everything as clear as mud until the actual unveiling.
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Macan
Taycan Turbo