Oops what have I done.

All your ordering information here!
2japs

Post by 2japs »

crockers wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:27 am Yes. I’ve been looking at them. Now I understand more why mine was so heavily reduced. I’m very pleased with the price I’m paying but it reaffirms my view that the guy buying his low specced Macan S to sell on is going to take a massive bath.

Agree, I’ve looked at the Hatfield cars and if I was looking I’d only be interested in the Gentian or Dolomite. I also wouldn’t have the wheels, I have to say makes my S purchased at end of April look expensive, although the spec has everything I wanted and more.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

crockers

Post by crockers »

2japs wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:43 am
crockers wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:27 am Yes. I’ve been looking at them. Now I understand more why mine was so heavily reduced. I’m very pleased with the price I’m paying but it reaffirms my view that the guy buying his low specced Macan S to sell on is going to take a massive bath.

Agree, I’ve looked at the Hatfield cars and if I was looking I’d only be interested in the Gentian or Dolomite. I also wouldn’t have the wheels, I have to say makes my S purchased at end of April look expensive, although the spec has everything I wanted and more.
You can only make a decision based on what’s in front of you at that time Hindsight is a science.
If I could role the clock back, looking at these cars, there’s no way I’d have bought a new Porsche. Most of these cars have 90% of what I’d want plus 30% of what I wouldn’t have considered.
The only advantage of a new car is it is 100% bespoke to you. I do like my Dolomite and pebble combo But I don’t dislike the Papaya. I think 4K plus for extended leather and deviant stitching is over the top. I can live without sports chrono.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

crockers wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:31 am
2japs wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:43 am

You can only make a decision based on what’s in front of you at that time Hindsight is a science.
If I could role the clock back, looking at these cars, there’s no way I’d have bought a new Porsche. Most of these cars have 90% of what I’d want plus 30% of what I wouldn’t have considered.
The only advantage of a new car is it is 100% bespoke to you. I do like my Dolomite and pebble combo But I don’t dislike the Papaya. I think 4K plus for extended leather and deviant stitching is over the top. I can live without sports chrono.
Of course you are right, hindsight is a wonderful thing, I certainly don’t regret cancelling the new T and buying the 9 months old S. Today is the first time this week I’ve had a bit of a blast , smile back on my face 😊
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
adam b

Post by adam b »

crockers wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:00 pm I agree. I wouldn't have specced all these options. But I'm paying substantially less than the original price. I don't how they can do it but I'm not going to object.
It’s a demo so the business buys it into stock and sells it on.

They can reclaim the VAT on purchase, discount 20% and still break even, with no corp tax as no profit
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
adam b

Post by adam b »

And that’s ignoring the fact the OPC doesn’t pay list price when buying demos from Porsche
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
crockers

Post by crockers »

The OPC doesn't pay list price for any car he buys. That's his "profit margin". I thought he could only claim Vat back on the difference between buying and selling the demo. Otherwise NO Vat goes to the exchequer. Also he's paid the first car registration. I just paid RFL.