New Member, New GTS

All your ordering information here!
crockers

Post by crockers »

Looks great. Can’t get my head around Porsche paint pricing. Miami Blue was a special priced colour now withdrawn and is now PTS. Night Blue was metallic now gone to PTS. On Cayman and Boxster flat speed yellow or guards red are free colours - on a Macan PTS.

Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

Yeah exactly. The initial build was a Night Blue S, actually read it on this forum that it was gone. I’d be foolish to pay an extra 6k or so for what was a standard colour.

I did consider Porsche Racing Green, which I saw on a GT3. But everything looks good on a GT3.

I took a photo of this press car in that color

IMG_6950.jpeg

MY24 Macan GTS

PRNP9DW9
2japs

Post by 2japs »

crockers wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:09 pm Looks great. Can’t get my head around Porsche paint pricing. Miami Blue was a special priced colour now withdrawn and is now PTS. Night Blue was metallic now gone to PTS. On Cayman and Boxster flat speed yellow or guards red are free colours - on a Macan PTS.
Me too…
Wouldn’t spec any previous’ normal priced’ colours at PTS prices.
No doubt Crayon will go PTS, wouldn’t pay £1800 never mind £6k or is it nearly £7k now!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

That green looks fabulous.
Porsche pricing is Porsche pricing....they know they can basically get away with it.....PTS is a license to print money, as from what I've seen of the process, the listed PTS colours are automated from the robot spray equipment no different to any of the other colours. So, its 7 or 8k for no real extra real cost to Porsche at all.
From what I understand, there's actually no real technical reason to even limit the options to as few as they do, other than they choose to, because someone in the design department likes monochrome only.
snipez999

Post by snipez999 »

Very nice! My PC antivirus throws a wobbly whenever I try to run the confuserator links from forum posts, but your external spec appears very close if not identical to my own order (not collecting until September) so will do as a 'go to' picture or two for me to gaze longingly at in the meantime! Please do let the royal 'us' know what she's like to drive and any handy hints/tips for accessories etc. Most of all, enjoy!
Range Rover Sport SVR
Crayon GTS on order for Sept '24!
Porsche Code: PSSYUHM5
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

2japs wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:16 pm
crockers wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:09 pm Looks great. Can’t get my head around Porsche paint pricing. Miami Blue was a special priced colour now withdrawn and is now PTS. Night Blue was metallic now gone to PTS. On Cayman and Boxster flat speed yellow or guards red are free colours - on a Macan PTS.
Me too…
Wouldn’t spec any previous’ normal priced’ colours at PTS prices.
No doubt Crayon will go PTS, wouldn’t pay £1800 never mind £6k or is it nearly £7k now!

At some point in the last 60 years, all current ‘PTS’ colours were ‘normal’ colours, mostly on 911s. :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

snipez999 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:56 pm Very nice! My PC antivirus throws a wobbly whenever I try to run the confuserator links from forum posts, but your external spec appears very close if not identical to my own order (not collecting until September) so will do as a 'go to' picture or two for me to gaze longingly at in the meantime! Please do let the royal 'us' know what she's like to drive and any handy hints/tips for accessories etc. Most of all, enjoy!
Thanks!

I’m very happy with the spec, kept on adding to it and glad I did. Didn’t want to regret leaving anything out.

On collection I picked up all weather mats, as you’re picking yours up in September I’d recommend it.
I then booked for the interior buttons and screen to be protected by Topaz, probably not necessary but for peace of mind.

Most of the time I drive it in Sport, its dynamic (especially for an SUV) and sounds great. You are going to thoroughly enjoy it :D . Usually at this time I’d consider preparing a configuration for the next one, shame no more ICE models will be produced.

I’ve added this photo for you, considering you’ll be at one of these stations often :lol:

Looking forward to seeing yours on this forum

IMG_7169.jpeg

MY24 Macan GTS

PRNP9DW9
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Welcome.

That green is very nice. I would always go for a dark metallic green as my first option, but almost no manufacturer offers it as a standard colour. So much as I reluctantly declined to give BMW a large wedge to have my last car in Oxford Green, I reluctantly declined this time around to give Porsche an even larger wedge for Jet Green on my GTS.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper