Dolomite silver pics and interior

All your ordering information here!
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Over the years I've had a BMW 3 series, MkII Audi TT, Mercedes SLK and Mercedes E class in different shades of silver and Dolomite silver with it's slightly blue tint was a colour I really liked.
My biggest problem with any shade of silver is that it's virtually impossible to touch in paint chips and get a half decent colour match , took my SLK to a "chips away" Tech and after an hour he gave up trying to get a match and didn't charge me for the work. Panel matching is even more of a problem.

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:43 pm Over the years I've had a BMW 3 series, MkII Audi TT, Mercedes SLK and Mercedes E class in different shades of silver and Dolomite silver with it's slightly blue tint was a colour I really liked.
My biggest problem with any shade of silver is that it's virtually impossible to touch in paint chips and get a half decent colour match , took my SLK to a "chips away" Tech and after an hour he gave up trying to get a match and didn't charge me for the work. Panel matching is even more of a problem.
I'm not sure about Dolomite, but when my Rhodium Cayman needed a front end refresh I took it to OPC Leicester's bodyshop https://www.colourkit.co.uk and spoke to Harry. He explained they know all the suppliers of Rhodium paint to Porsche over the years and so can do a perfect panel match with no blending in to adjacent panels. They have test cards for every batch of paint. I was somewhat sceptical but if they're good enough for Porsche to use...

When I picked it up it was a perfect match, as he said it would be. After a few years I'd collected some fresh stone chips and Harry mixed me some more "perfect match" touch up paint and showed me how to best apply it, using a cocktail stick.
Ntense

Post by Ntense »

Dolomite is a beautiful colour with a slight blue tinge that changes shade, depending on the amount of light that hits it. It’s on the slightly cooler spectrum compared to GT silver which is slightly warmer. One of the benefits of this colour is that it doesn’t show the dirt so readily, if I was ordering a new car today I would order this colour without hesitation. I have it paired with bordeaux red in extended leather, which to my eyes is a classic combination, the red is not so stark Garnet, but is a deep hue. I think it will go very well with black rims, but also platinum and silver.

IMG_5601.jpeg

IMG_5606.jpeg

IMG_5619.jpeg

IMG_1393.jpeg

IMG_1396.jpeg

IMG_1397.jpeg

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Very smart, much more of the blue tint in the flesh , lovely colour.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_3247.webp

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose