Journey so far…….

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Uni11

Post by Uni11 »

So I’ve been driving now for around 28 years and I would like to think that I’ve always been a petrolhead through those years. Over those years I have been fortunate to own some nice cars considering I’m just a simple working man. For over 20 plus years it’s been mostly BMWs I’ve had (a few M cars) and natural progression was always going to be Porsche at some stage if finances allowed. ( been drooling over them since I was15)

So my Porsche journey started around 7 years ago when I got my first Porsche. It was a 2017 macan sd in volcano grey and I was very excited. Owned for just under 2 years and then had a offer I couldn’t refuse, so sold to very nice gent from this forum.

Naturally I wanted to now move up and get into a macan gts, but I guess the driving gods had other plans. And i ended up in this…..

It was a 991.1 Carrera S and I was over the moon having finally owning a 911 :D
The car itself was very low mileage and in amazing condition and decently specked.owned for just over 2 years and some great road trips it was time to move on.

Now what next? I needed a one car solution and with my teenage children a 911 wouldn’t suffice. So I start looking at nearly new gen 2 macan gts, taking into consideration the crazy prices, i sold very high and gen 2 gts were not too far off gen 3 macan gts. So I got in touch with a very old acquaintance who I knew worked at Porsche. Now at the time, waiting times for a gen 3 gts was around 18 months. I couldn’t wait that long, but having the conversation I was assured I can get into one in hopefully 4-5 months. So now this would be my first brand new Porsche. Very excited I start configuring a new gts…. It gets expensive very quickly but hey you only live once! Deposit paid, specked, locked in, and car goes into build for a march 23 delivery.

However things take a turn in December 22, and I had a difficult decision to make. Having thought hard and talking advice I made my decision……….

So I was offered I Cayenne turbo gt which I got to spec myself before lockdown, and would be delivered around the same time as my macan would’ve been. How could I refuse and took the plunge. Oh my what a car! 640bhpb 850nm and a 0-60 in just over 3 seconds 8-)
Done some great road trips and made some more memories with family and friends.
The market started to turn and it was the right time, even though it was short. Sometimes it’s good to love than not have loved at all.

So then…….

October of last year I finally get back into the elusive Macan gts that I had been chasing for the last few years. Again it was the same spec as the previous one I had ordered. It’s no Turbo gt but it’s more than capable and looks just as good. Still not done many miles so I will reserve judgement till then.
Last edited by Uni11 on Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nice journey!
The GTS is nice but the GTT is on a different level and looks awesome 🤩
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Uni11

Post by Uni11 »

Jon A wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:22 pm Nice journey!
The turbo gt was by far and above the best motor I have ever owned. The way it drives was a testament to Porsche engineering.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Uni11 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:25 pm
Jon A wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:22 pm Nice journey!
The turbo gt was by far and above the best motor I have ever owned. The way it drives was a testament to Porsche engineering.
That Cayenne coupé looked mega. If by far & above the best car you’ve ever had (which is how I view my Carrera T) then I’m wondering why you got rid of it? 🤔
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

He had to keep stopping to let the petrol tanker catch up! Untenable for a "simple working man" :lol:
Last edited by Neil1911 on Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

I was disappointed that I had to go bigger from my Macan GTS, so the Cayenne GTS was the only option. Absolutely love it, but the GT is different gravy, stunning car. I’m surprised you downsized back to a Macan, especially with teenagers, which is why I had to go bigger. They loved the Macan from the outside, hated it from the inside.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
crockers

Post by crockers »

That Cayenne is an absolute stunner. What is that colour?
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Amazing GTS, and a lovely Cayenne!

If you live in London I can understand the desire to go 'smaller' to the Macan - i'd find the Cayenne just a bit too cumbersome around some of the roads here. Thought plenty do drive them in the city and clearly enjoy them.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Uni11

Post by Uni11 »

A few reasons for the cayenne going, one being too much money tied up in it and London driving is a pain and to do single digit mpg doing everyday tasks can become a little frustrating.

Is artic grey.

And yes it’s easier with the smaller macan around London.
But yes the cayenne on the inside is ideal for a family of 4.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Spec on the Cayenne looks spot on 👌

The Macan would look amazing in Arctic with gold wheels as well
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160