Harry Metcalfe on the state of EVs, car prices, and the 2nd hand market.

The place to discuss everything else..
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Quite an interesting viewpoint that's hard to argue with.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94

Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

I thought it was an excellent video. Full of insights from the perspectives of all the stakeholder groups involved in the EV market, and he explains very clearly and persuasively how the market arrived at the point it is now. Lots of things I hadn’t thought about before. And nobody could accuse Harry of being anti-change or anti-EV - he’s just thorough and hard-nosed about the money side of things, and clear-minded about what drivers value.

He’s one of the very few motoring journalists who I can listen to. Nearly all the others talk / write absolute rubbish about cars. But I still think he’s made a mistake buying that Range Rover.
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Agreed it was an interesting video which includes some new learnings. I had previously clocked that the charge from 20% to 80% was recommended for battery health but not that extensive fast charge DC use compromises battery health.

Probably the most sensible suggestion for me was the battery condition information to be a mandatory requirement for used car sales.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Moriarty wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:35 pm
He’s one of the very few motoring journalists who I can listen to. Nearly all the others talk / write absolute rubbish about cars. But I still think he’s made a mistake buying that Range Rover.
...especially when he has his favourite already: