Why do I bother...My Porsche App problem

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:54 pm
IPKnightly2 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:15 pm My App on my MY23 Macan also only now shows the car mileage but things like car being locked or service schedules have disappeared. Did I read on this forum there is a new Porsche App for IPhones??
Yes there is a revised / new one. See also my post of 27 Nov 23 on this thread (last one on page 2). The App has worked faultlessly for me this year with all measures working reliably. :)
Thanks… any idea how you upgrade the App on the phone?
2023 Macan S

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

IPKnightly2 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:49 am
SAC1 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:54 pm
IPKnightly2 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:15 pm My App on my MY23 Macan also only now shows the car mileage but things like car being locked or service schedules have disappeared. Did I read on this forum there is a new Porsche App for IPhones??
Yes there is a revised / new one. See also my post of 27 Nov 23 on this thread (last one on page 2). The App has worked faultlessly for me this year with all measures working reliably. :)
Thanks… any idea how you upgrade the App on the phone?
Perhaps delete your current App and reload from the Apple or Android app store.

If that does not do it, and your subscription is still current, then contact:

Smart Mobility Case Manager
Porsche Customer Interaction Centre
On behalf of Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited
Bath Road, Calcot, Reading RG31 7SE

Phone: 03457 911 911
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

Quick update …. Porsche, after much head scratching and doing the usual logging out and logging back in both for the car and the App discovered why the App only showed mileage and nothing else…
I hadn’t renewed my subscription for the App with Vodaphone last October when the car hit its 1st birthday! I renewed the Vodaphone tracker but not this element….
I don’t know who felt more stupid them or me :D
2023 Macan S
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

IPKnightly2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:43 pm
Quick update …. Porsche, after much head scratching and doing the usual logging out and logging back in both for the car and the App discovered why the App only showed mileage and nothing else…
I hadn’t renewed my subscription for the App with Vodaphone last October when the car hit its 1st birthday! I renewed the Vodaphone tracker but not this element….
I don’t know who felt more stupid them or me :D
On balance I feel I came off better knowing I hadn’t paid for the stupid App!
2023 Macan S
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yeah the App is a ridiculous price for something that doesn’t actually do anything. I lapsed mine as soon as I saw the price.

I lapsed my Merc app which would lock the doors remotely etc, and even with no subscription I can still see tyre pressures, still see mileage etc, still see if it’s locked and still get notifications if it’s left unlocked all FOC
Macan S MY 2023
RGS

Post by RGS »

Vodaphone are the culprit, their system is unnecessarily complicated. I still subscribe but really only use the app to check tyre pressures after a journey, but I do get regular map updates over the air which are worthwhile I guess.