Possible fault with Heated Rear Screen

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
MAC002

Post by MAC002 »

Having just moved from Boxster to Macan ownership I'm happy with the general practically and performance of the Macan but last night took 30 mins for the Rear Screen heater to clear the screen. (Front screen cleared in less than a minute albeit with fan assistance)

As the rear screen eventually cleared I guess this rules out faulty fuses but there is probably some fault. Has anybody got any suggestions or similar experience and if so how to improve it's performance?

Mine's 2015 S Diesel

Many thanks

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

MAC002 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:18 am Having just moved from Boxster to Macan ownership I'm happy with the general practically and performance of the Macan but last night took 30 mins for the Rear Screen heater to clear the screen. (Front screen cleared in less than a minute albeit with fan assistance)

As the rear screen eventually cleared I guess this rules out faulty fuses but there is probably some fault. Has anybody got any suggestions or similar experience and if so how to improve it's performance?

Mine's 2015 S Diesel
Yesterday morning mine had a good hard layer of ice on it but it cleared in 5 minutes. If i were you I'd be checking for any abnormal moisture source in the car that had to be overcome, had anything wet in the boot, walking boots, dogs, garden rubbish, etc.?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

We had this. Screen wouldn't clear on it's maximum 10 minute heating period.
OPC found battery drain from lighting ECU which could cause high load screen to cut out. Replaced ECU and battery under warranty. No change.
Faulty rear screen was the actual problem. Changed under warranty. They'd never had a faulty screen before.
Now takes 2-3 minutes to clear.