Online Owners Manual for Macan S 2024?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tutt

Post by Tutt »

Just placed order for a Macan S 2024, keen to start learning about the car and looking for an online owners manual?
Thank you

andreas

Post by andreas »

Welcome to the forums!

This would be a good time for you to start to get used to the fact that Porsche doesn't do anything digital very well.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Tutt

Post by Tutt »

Ah ok understood .. and thanks for the welcome .. very excited to get back into the brand after many years (the last 5 of which has seen a number of EVs but I have officially given up on them!)
andreas

Post by andreas »

As an early adopter of EVs, which models have you used and what observations would you make?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome.

You can download the Porsche Good to Know App. Enter your model and then you can access the owners manual.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

There is the MyPorsche App that is available, the Manual is incorporated within the App, the prior App is not now supported.

You do need to Register and they require the VIN number and proof of ownership to accept registration.

Bend the ear of the SE for them to let you have a set of paper manuals.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andreas

Post by andreas »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:02 pm
You can download the Porsche Good to Know App. Enter your model and then you can access the owners manual.
Surely the app only has a very abbreviated version of the manual?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Screenshot_20240307_210531_Porsche Good to know.jpg

Landing page on the App....
Steve

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I can still access it on my Samsung phone, but I see on Google that "The Porsche Good to know app will be shut down at the end of June 2023."
Steve

Tutt

Post by Tutt »

Thank you all for the warm welcome and advice.

In response to the EV question .. I actually had my first EV (Gwiz) in 2005 but that was a very early EV with very little range especially on hills! Then since 2019 my wife and I have an ipace, eGolf, Tesla dual Motor model 3 and Mercedes EQA. I love the way EV drive especially the one pedal driving but the infrastructure and cost of charging away from home is unusable .. even using the Tesla network you end up queueing to charge .. the final straw was the residual values which have fallen massively. Also range is significantly different to claimed especially in the winter and on the motorway.
Today I ordered a Macan S for delivery at the end of April (far quicker than I expected) .. I think Macan ICE residuals are going to stay strong with the move to EV Macan’s.