Rear Light Bar Condensation

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
DRW

Post by DRW »

Hi All

My Macan has developed a severe case of condensation in the rear light bar??

Any Ideas, looking at the service record it had a new rear light replaced under warranty two years ago but it does not specify which one?

Also the rear boot second latching seems to be playing up, the boot closes and the warning beep to say it is not shut, you open a door and the second latch operates???

This issue is intermittent.

The car is still under Porsche Approved Warranty but if anyone has any ideas before I contact Cardiff Porsche to book it in?

DRW

IMG_5451.jpeg

Hunnmere

Post by Hunnmere »

I have had the same problem. The car went to the OP for a day to be checked out. Result was that the condensation was within limits and was not considered enough for a warranty replacement.
In actual fact following the weather that we had a couple of days ago the condensation had re appeared (again). Generally it disappears after a few days.
So far my car has not exhibited your other faults.
2021 Macan GTS (showroom model - too many accessories - in Crayon)
2017, 2019 Q5
2015 RS3
2011 TTS
Assorted other makes
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Had no issues with Hatch or door closing, although my driverside mirror has failed to "open" half a dozen times in the last 10 days! The lights, headlights included, are NOT sealed units and condensation is a regular feature. You can ask but don't expect much. On my 2020MY car I had the two rear lights replaced due to them turning into and insect mausoleum, but not a single corpse has appeared in 12 months on my Gen3, so maybe some modification has been undertaken.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

There are new foam pad surrounds on the rear lights to prevent insect incursions - my lights were replaced under warranty and was informed about the updated foam surrounds. Mine is a '21 model.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

mueslibrown wrote: ↑Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:26 pm There are new foam pad surrounds on the rear lights to prevent insect incursions - my lights were replaced under warranty and was informed about the updated foam surrounds. Mine is a '21 model.
YES! You posted that before, sorry my total recall facility has deteriorated I'm not sure if IT'S suffering from condensation after 6 months of almost constant rain, from rising damp after trying to play golf in the aforementioned weather or just effing old age! :cry:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Neil1911 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:43 pm
mueslibrown wrote: ↑Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:26 pm There are new foam pad surrounds on the rear lights to prevent insect incursions - my lights were replaced under warranty and was informed about the updated foam surrounds. Mine is a '21 model.
YES! You posted that before, sorry my total recall facility has deteriorated I'm not sure if IT'S suffering from condensation after 6 months of almost constant rain, from rising damp after trying to play golf in the aforementioned weather or just effing old age! :cry:
My sentiments exactly πŸ™

Anyway the very small amount of misting/ condensation in my lights pails into insignificance compared to the condensation on our bedroom window during the frosty mornings.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

2japs wrote: ↑Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:37 pm

Anyway the very small amount of misting/ condensation in my lights pails into insignificance compared to the condensation on our bedroom window during the frosty mornings.
There is a new fangled device to cure that. In 1975 we had central heating installed - works a treat.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
DRW

Post by DRW »

Hi All

Thanks for the replies, I think maybe a visit to Porsche Cardiff is in order, also Neil my pass mirror has failed to deploy on two occasions ?

My Gen 1 Macan Diesel had no electrical gremlin's is the Gen 2 prone to electrical issues?
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

Had mine replaced under warranty due to excessive condensation.
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:27 pm
2japs wrote: ↑Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:37 pm

There is a new fangled device to cure that. In 1975 we had central heating installed - works a treat.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
It’s our north facing bedroom, never seems to get as warm as the rest of the house. πŸ₯Ά
I’m a soft northerner and have an electric blanket πŸ€ͺ

Anyway my car is on our north facing driveway and seems to be ok with condensation and never had the rear wiper issue even with some heavy frosts 🀞
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)