What a tool.............. (new vehicle, as requested)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

It does ride higher as standard....
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Lovely car and a great choice.

The Sports Turismo are definitely a bit lower as they run the same as the saloon version and are pretty low. Worth it though to make the effort to get in as a Taycan is a great drive.
SportsExhaust

Post by SportsExhaust »

Stunning car, congratulations. Those are awesome wheels.
Pythongrün

Post by Pythongrün »

I like it. Would have been a good choice for us, but I already have an EV as my daily and want the resilience of ICE, but the reality for my wife is she just likes being sat at SUV height after years of conditioning 🤣 Hard to believe she had a Boxster up until 2016.

Enjoy.
adam b

Post by adam b »

Lovely car, though that interior would worry me with dark jeans I tend to wear

The turismo is a much nicer looking car than the saloon IMO.

Why did you buy a CT over an ST? Personally not a fan of the CT plastic add ons.

Given the depreciation on Taycans (sometimes exaggerated) did you buy on PCP/lease/ through salary sacrifice scheme?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

:shock: :o Real money...................... emptied my 50 year car fund......... and a cracking deal that coud not be ignored........

This will be our last 'proper' car before the 'Honda Jazz' equivalent, or no car if life is not kind........
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

bennachie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:16 am :shock: :o Real money...................... emptied my 50 year car fund......... and a cracking deal that coud not be ignored........

This will be our last 'proper' car before the 'Honda Jazz' equivalent, or no car if life is not kind........
Good luck to you - enjoy the car, your money and life!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

HertsMacan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:40 am
bennachie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:16 am :shock: :o Real money...................... emptied my 50 year car fund......... and a cracking deal that coud not be ignored........

Good luck to you - enjoy the car, your money and life!
+1. :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
crockers

Post by crockers »

What’s the insurance like?
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Dry day here......................

Been out this morning.

Further update. Again positive. Really surprised at my not minding the lack of pop, bang and crackle from the car. Learning new things by the minute; all positive.

My word it is quick. It elicits a smile on use. I must look like a grinning fool when I get out.
It heats up the cabin quickly, is very quiet and the sound system is outstanding despite not being the Burmeister one.
Recuperation button found and produces a nice engine like overrun re-charge
Negatives? I live in an area devoid of fast charging. The rear view is somewhat restricted through the rear screen.
Is it wide? Looks it, does not feel it when driving. Only 1.5" wider than a Macan so not really a negative.
Lane keeping assist is horrible as far as I am concerned and I have turned it off. Relatively tight/fast curves on dual carriageways involve a bit of a fight despite doing everything 'by the book' Interestingly my spec. does not include it. It appears I have it as 'temporary freebie' from the FoD (Function on Demand) catalogue. Speaking of which, there a few things on there that can be added for a period of months or purchased outright........

I have not gone yet so more will occasionally follow if there is interest......