What a (good) day

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pythongrün

Post by Pythongrün »

Lovely!

I’d go for the Racetex interior, but that’s personal choice. As others have said, auto dimming mirrors don’t add much if you’ve got privacy glass. Channel this money elsewhere. If you like your tunes go for Bose.

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

The "GTS" in Red on the Blades would look nice.

Personally, I would also add Bose, but it all comes down to personal choice and budget.
I used to have the 18 way seats on my first Macan and found them to be very uncomfortable.

On my 2nd Macan, the GTS, I had the standard 8 ways and was much happier with them. Might be worth trying if you haven't already done so.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

If you drive at night keep the auto dimming mirrors. A lot of dazzle, particularly bright LEDs on SUVs, comes from the side mirrors and privacy glass has no effect on this. Besides, they are a relatively low cost option with no down side.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:07 pm If you drive at night keep the auto dimming mirrors. A lot of dazzle, particularly bright LEDs on SUVs, comes from the side mirrors and privacy glass has no effect on this. Besides, they are a relatively low cost option with no down side.
Agreed. I was never happy with any previous car's manual dipping mirror (Macan included) always had to adjust them. Not an issue anymore. In some evenings (6 times in 12 months) I feel the need to switch off the auto dimming (just a touch of the button) but I'm a definite fan!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

You did well getting a close build date.

Puddle lights, a waste of cash.

Surround Cam, IMO a Must Have

Standard Cruise control is rubbish, include ACC is you use Cruise Control

I would not now include a Pano, all it does is allow in light into a dark interior but if light seating is chosen then one does not need a Pano.

I have roof rails, never used them.

Heated Steering wheel and Heated Seats a good inclusion in Yorkshire.

You may also like to consider a Winter Wheel set, at least ask about them and get a separate price from OPC.

I see Speed Recognition option has been suggested, if you need to include these type of Driver Aids you need driving lessons, spend cash on a driving course with ROSPA or the IAM.

Finally, do you really want a Black car, they look great when clean, but drive 100m down a Yorkshire road and it becomes Dolomite Silver. Both my Macan’s have been and are Met Black (Wife’s choice) but I wish I had gone for a lighter colour with the second one.

Good luck on the confuserator.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

If you need ACC then you need driving lessons, spend the cash on a driving course with ROSPA or the IAM.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Now that you've read everyone's opinions, do you really want a Macan? :D
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

What's with these guys telling you what you need? You don't NEED a Porsche at all, if like me it's because that's what you WANT, spec what you WANT and they can go whistle!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:41 pm If you need ACC then you need driving lessons, spend the cash on a driving course with ROSPA or the IAM.
100%!!!!!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Yorkshire Mac

Post by Yorkshire Mac »

Thanks all for the suggestions and feedback. The car will be a long-term keep (6 years probably, like my current Audi SQ5) and so I am definitely speccing this for me as the primary focus, not residual value.

Thoughts on the various posts:

Surround cam - agree, this will almost definitely make the final spec.
Other driver aids - ACC, speed recognition etc. I agree with @Col Lamb and @SAC1, these are not needed if you are "driving"
Black - had a couple of black cars and my wife has had one. I know entirely what I am letting myself in for, but when cleaned, polished and waxed there's no better colour. I enjoy spending time on this. 2nd choice was volcano grey, but called in to Leeds OPC today and there was a new black GTS in the showroom ready for collection. Black it is. No question.
Red GTS sticker - saw one today, and thought it was too much - prefer the subtle silver sticker. The red brake callipers and elements of the GTS interior are spot on for the look I am trying to achieve.
Puddle lights - chosen purely because I have audi equivalents at the mo and haven't in 6 years tired of seeing the four rings on the floor when I open the door.
Auto dim mirrors - agree no needed for RVM, this is specced for the wing mirrors. Again, have this at the moment and like them.
Bose - listen to radio, or exhaust, so I just don't need it.
Rails - simply prefer the look with out them. Never carry anything on roof, so not needed.

The main item I am still debating is the sunroof. Originally I was thinking I would not add but car I drove had one, and my wife regrets not speccing one in her car.

One thing I have been trying to work out is the OTR price v the confuserator price. RFL appears to be £2,600, but is there any other costs the OPC add? I have been looking at the cars listed on the "used" website, but there doesn't seem to be any set amount.

Whilst i will have the PDLS by going for the GTS, the one thing I will miss is the Matrix LED. These are simply superb and it's a shame these can't be specified.

Cheers
Arriving in June, all being well. Slightly tweaked to now include Bose - https://configurator.porsche.com/en-GB/ ... m=PS4LXHU0