In production time

All your ordering information here!
JDF999

Post by JDF999 »

Afternoon folks,

Quick question, my GTS has been “in production” stage for well over a week now. Is that normal - seems quite long as according to Macan factory documentary build time is 72hrs..

Anyone at a similar stage - what times are you getting?

Cheers,
JDF
UK Emergency Doctor
2024 Macan GTS
Dolomite Silver
CODE: PRIJCSM5

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

They have to check the roof drains block and the rear washer/camera washer T piece blows off under zero degrees C.

It's probably failed these quality checks (too good) so they sent it back for revision.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Production and delivery was always very vague :roll: :roll:

Not sure if it has improved any.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

JDF999 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:11 pm Afternoon folks,

Quick question, my GTS has been “in production” stage for well over a week now. Is that normal - seems quite long as according to Macan factory documentary build time is 72hrs..

Anyone at a similar stage - what times are you getting?

Cheers,
JDF
It’s the communication that’s tardy not the actual build. These messages are just general comms and not designed or even intended to be all that accurate.
Tbh, it’s more a box ticking exercise so they can say they are communicating with customers 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
JDF999

Post by JDF999 »

So Porsche website just made a pretty radical change to my estimated delivery dates....
The Macan GTS has already been in the build stage for nearly 2 weeks, and now the production stage has been lengthened to Mid April.....thanks 6 weeks in the build stage which strikes me that there is a problem. (The normal Factory build is around a week my OPC says).
No idea what's going on, I guess it might be a equipment no longer available?
Anyone else currently at build stage had any issues??
Thanks, John
UK Emergency Doctor
2024 Macan GTS
Dolomite Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Its in the Factory Parking Lot awaiting a component.

Probably the engine
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
JDF999

Post by JDF999 »

How do you know that Col? Why an engine?
UK Emergency Doctor
2024 Macan GTS
Dolomite Silver
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

My 992 was "in production" for ages, with the date slipping by several months. Am 99% certain that they had a component shortage, so that may have happened to you. It's all very random. Your dealer will have a more detailed picture but still not perfect.

Think you need it to reach the V300 stage which means it's built and heading to the factory compound. The dealers can look that up, so you can ask them to keep an eye on things and let you know when it's been allocated that code
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
JDF999

Post by JDF999 »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:35 pm My 992 was "in production" for ages, with the date slipping by several months. Am 99% certain that they had a component shortage, so that may have happened to you. It's all very random. Your dealer will have a more detailed picture but still not perfect.

Think you need it to reach the V300 stage which means it's built and heading to the factory compound. The dealers can look that up, so you can ask them to keep an eye on things and let you know when it's been allocated that code
Thanks! That’s useful (if a little depressing)
UK Emergency Doctor
2024 Macan GTS
Dolomite Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

JDF999 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:21 pm How do you know that Col? Why an engine?
Porsche have had numerous component shortages and seem to put the cars in a compound until the shortage has been resolved.

I’m guess at an engine shortage, nothing Porsche does or does not do surprises me.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags