Mods4cars remote key - Comfort Control Module for Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Porsche986 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:11 am
andywebber wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:13 pm Hi guys - I have just come across this product, whilst doing some general browsing,

The main function of this module, once installed, is the ability to close the tailgate from the Macan Remote control, and also open / close the sunroof from the remote along with a few other 1 touch control functions I think.

The Niche Technologies product is no-longer available but this module from mods4cars.com (also available from Design911) does the same thing, but does not have as many functions, I think.

I like the technology side of it and it seems simple enough to install, but not sure if it is worth £320 - the Niche technologies module was about £500 if I remember correctly

Andrew
Actually mods4cars manufactured the module for Niche Technologies. When I got my Niche Technologies module, it was mods4cars's hardware, software and installation kit.

They are identical and now available for a much better price directly from mods4cars.com.
Ah , I wondered if that might be the case actually - thanks for verifying :) I guess that they do not update the modules firmware very often do they (assuming that it works well)?

I do like the technology and the benefit of being able to close the tailgate via the remote - I know that it also does a couple of other things though does it not ? (I can not remember what they are, off the top of my head)

Thanks for the information - maybe something that the wife can get me for my Birthday :)?

Andrew

Porsche986

Post by Porsche986 »

There have been a few updates adding functions in the beginning. Last update was: 2020-11-28 Auto Mute function added - v1.03, see here:
https://www.mods4cars.com/m4cupdate/ind ... =RKHBPE1#1

The module offers the following features (as far as I can remember): remote control of window and sunroof, keyless control of trunk, all windows, and sunroof via door handle, remote mirror folding, remote trunk control, one touch auto close the trunk via button in the drivers door (even while moving and with ignition off), the puddle light are activation on unlock and they stay on longer, radio auto mute and probably some more which I can't remember...

And yes, works very well for a couple of years now, can't complain...
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Porsche986 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:08 pm There have been a few updates adding functions in the beginning. Last update was: 2020-11-28 Auto Mute function added - v1.03, see here:
https://www.mods4cars.com/m4cupdate/ind ... =RKHBPE1#1

The module offers the following features (as far as I can remember): remote control of window and sunroof, keyless control of trunk, all windows, and sunroof via door handle, remote mirror folding, remote trunk control, one touch auto close the trunk via button in the drivers door (even while moving and with ignition off), the puddle light are activation on unlock and they stay on longer, radio auto mute and probably some more which I can't remember...

And yes, works very well for a couple of years now, can't complain...
Great, thank you very much for the information - I will put it on my Birthday list from the wife :).

Andy