Macan S Test drive + Deposit tomorrow?

All your ordering information here!
2japs

Post by 2japs »

I have the comfort access, was on the car, as mentioned, it’s a dummy switch in the dash and a naff looking one imo, should be a starter like other manufacturers.

I was a bit nervous on the security aspect so purchased a faraday box which the spare permanently resides in and a faraday pouch for the everyday key. I’ve owned the car for 10months and now not so worried, hold on, yes car is still on the drive 😊

Wouldn’t spec myself, put the £500 towards leather.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

Yo Sushi

Post by Yo Sushi »

Thanks for all the response. Good to hear real life experience.
Test drive a bit of a let down as he didn't have a S, so I had a go at the T instead.
21 Wheels a must for me, and ride was good in the T.
Running boards not required as I could get in Ok without them, as Macan not as tall as our XC90.
PanRoof going in as wife wants it.
18 way seat going in as we fit nicely in them, and they look better.
Leather a problem as interior looks cheap without it... so this is TBD subject to cost. Ideal would be the extended leather with blue stitching.... but 2.5k!
Sports Chrono 50:50 as I really like having instant access to power boost, but I was in the T, so maybe the S shouldn't need it.
Comfort access 50:50 atm.
Dealer said Bose should be added for an S, I said no.

He said EV sales very good and hasn't impacted ICE sales... so I assume all EV sales are extra Macan sales which seemed too good to be true.
He think UK will lose ICE option by the end of the year.

He told me to wait for he's call which could be 3 to 6 months time, which should give me time to save for the extended leather !
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

A Macan T does not have the same suspension as an S.

Visit a dealer who has an S as a demonstrator and take an extended test drive.

Keep looking until you find a dealer with a demonstrator that has the same engine, seating, wheels, suspension as you intend to specify, Sports Chrono is a Must Have so you can feel the difference in a Macan that has a decent engine rather than the rubbish 2.0 litre engine
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

Pro & Cons of most options debated on this forum and easy to find…. I’m about to order my 2nd S and this time I’m not bothering with the Sports Chrono or extended Leather ( just standard leather).
Porsche marketing are brilliant at sucking you into the mindset of adding lots of extras and looking at some of the specs people go for on this forum they mostly succeed!
Agree test drive the model you are after with the size wheels and seats you think you want
I would think hard about the need for the auto dimming mirrors
Last edited by IPKnightly2 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
2023 Macan S
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Sport chrono is a no brainer for me. I use it every trip.

Turn the key, and instantly turn the dial to sport. Make a better exhaust sound from the off.

Plus it’s nice having the individual option at your finger tips. I have mine set to sport for the gearbox, but the suspension set to comfort. Saves faffing about on the centre console every time you want to change.

If you have 21” wheels, you need air suspension really. Without, the ride is acceptable, but certainly it’s noticeable that the non air car runs stiffer.
Last edited by wab172uk on Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Yo Sushi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:59 pm Thanks for all the response. Good to hear real life experience.
Test drive a bit of a let down as he didn't have a S, so I had a go at the T instead.
21 Wheels a must for me, and ride was good in the T.
Running boards not required as I could get in Ok without them, as Macan not as tall as our XC90.
PanRoof going in as wife wants it.
18 way seat going in as we fit nicely in them, and they look better.
Leather a problem as interior looks cheap without it... so this is TBD subject to cost. Ideal would be the extended leather with blue stitching.... but 2.5k!
Sports Chrono 50:50 as I really like having instant access to power boost, but I was in the T, so maybe the S shouldn't need it.
Comfort access 50:50 atm.
Dealer said Bose should be added for an S, I said no.

He told me to wait for he's call which could be 3 to 6 months time, which should give me time to save for the extended leather !
No running boards, no comfort access and no auto dim mirrors soon puts a nice chunk in the pot towards other options.

Air suspension lowers the car another 10mm which should also help access. When I test drove for a GTS order, I only had an S to try. Our SE said that the standard suspension in sport is similar to GTS (and T I believe) in comfort setting. If you found the ride in the T to be OK, the S will be more refined.

As said there are strong advocates on the forum on both sides of the fence for almost every option and I think it’s unrealistic to find a car and get a test drive with even the major options present that you want. As for visual options such as interior choices, that’s a bit easier to visit dealerships and have a look around different cars.

Good luck with sorting your spec.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Originally specced running boards on mine and then had a test drive with one. Kept rubbing back of my shins on them when getting out so removed pdq from the spec. I liked the look of them but with my short ar*e legs it was a no go. Extended leather looks very nice but for me unless you are sitting on it or touching it regularly its just something else to look after. I missed surround cam off my list and its the one thing I really should have added.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Standard leather with stitching is £2.5k, extended leather with stitching is £4k! That might help your decision. 😳
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
snipez999

Post by snipez999 »

If you do get it, buy a Ghost to ensure your pride and joy, remains yours.
Interesting, as I'm in touch with a well known Ghost national dealer/fitter for my September delivery Macans (S & GTS) who actually turned down the sale, suggesting that the Ghost can [maybe, possibly] kick up a range of electrical no-nos which the dealer could then be inclined to cite warranty issues around, if there were any claims made on same (eg. suggesting that those were down to 'mis-installation' of an aftermarket unit etc. )
A Tracker unit with remotely operated immobiliser (ie. Police can instruct the monitoring station to lock out the car) is the preferred way, apparently. Your call; just that I've done a bit of Googling and it ain't good! PS. yes I know that Ghost say the Macan is 'supported' but I'm not sure they would help if push came to shove on a BN car..... Maybe speak to your dealer first?
Range Rover Sport SVR
Crayon GTS on order for Sept '24!
Porsche Code: PSSYUHM5
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

mueslibrown wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:21 am Originally specced running boards on mine and then had a test drive with one. Kept rubbing back of my shins on them when getting out so removed pdq from the spec. I liked the look of them but with my short ar*e legs it was a no go. Extended leather looks very nice but for me unless you are sitting on it or touching it regularly its just something else to look after. I missed surround cam off my list and its the one thing I really should have added.
Similar issue with running boards and 6’2’’.
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)