Power steering plus

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GWL

Post by GWL »

Like so many things, this comes down to personal perception. I had my Gen1 Turbo upgraded to PSP and found it a a lot better for parking. Others see no benefit.
The only way for you to answer your question is to test-drive a couple of similar Macans, one with and one without PSP and take them around some car parks to see how it feels.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i

M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

I used to have it on my SD and found the steering very light when parking but have not added it to my Gen 3 GTS during the last 4 weeks of driving and parking I can not tell the difference as others have mentioned it still has power steering I feel just another way of porsche getting you to spend more money.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

M30LEV wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm I used to have it on my SD and found the steering very light when parking but have not added it to my Gen 3 GTS during the last 4 weeks of driving and parking I can not tell the difference as others have mentioned it still has power steering I feel just another way of porsche getting you to spend more money.
Just feels like many men have gotten weaker. Such is the struggle to turn a steering wheel.
Iceicebaby

Post by Iceicebaby »

Thank you to everyone for their advice. Unfortunately whilst I was deliberating the car was sold. From the feedback to my question I now know that PSP isn’t high on the must have list.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Add PS+ to your list of Must Haves
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Noooooooooooooooo
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

So many Macan owners have how PS+ works totally wrong.

PS+ is a progressive system, with maximum assistance at parking speed, then as the car speed increases it progressively reduces the level of assistance to ZERO.

So in practice you get out of first gear there is Zero assistance.

I fail to understand why anyone spends Macan prices then does not include the useful driver aides!

I had power steering on my 1985 Honda, and Porsche omitting it as standard as they also do with the rubbish standard cruise.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Glygoo

Post by Glygoo »

My Macan T doesn’t have PSPlus and when I enquired about updating was told it’s not available. I find the steering overly heavy and it suffers with terrible tram-lining especially on B roads. I wish I’d specced it but too late now. It’s on 20” Pirelli’s and air suspension.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Glygoo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:27 am My Macan T doesn’t have PSPlus and when I enquired about updating was told it’s not available. I find the steering overly heavy and it suffers with terrible tram-lining especially on B roads. I wish I’d specced it but too late now. It’s on 20” Pirelli’s and air suspension.
Tram-lining has bugger all to do with PS+

If you want a car that moves about on the road but you won’t feel it in the steering, I suggest you go back to the 70’s and beyond.
Glygoo

Post by Glygoo »

wab172uk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:15 am
Glygoo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:27 am My Macan T doesn’t have PSPlus and when I enquired about updating was told it’s not available. I find the steering overly heavy and it suffers with terrible tram-lining especially on B roads. I wish I’d specced it but too late now. It’s on 20” Pirelli’s and air suspension.
Tram-lining has bugger all to do with PS+

If you want a car that moves about on the road but you won’t feel it in the steering, I suggest you go back to the 70’s and beyond.
My point about the tram-lining issue is that it needs a lot more effort to correct the steering when it is so heavy. I’ve driven three other Macan which didn’t have the same issue but I don’t know whether they had PS+ or not. It’s frustrating when Porsche say there’s nothing wrong yet it’s hard work on twisty roads when it should be a pleasure to drive.