Dog Space in my Macan...

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Next is some sheepskin overshoe bootees for the wife and kids so they do not damage the door sills and carpets getting in and out.
My Grandson is heading to be velcro'ed to the child seat as he constantly stands on the sill to get into my Audi Q and kicks the back of front passenger seat constantly. So I am designing a rear enclosure to protect my forthcoming Macan from the Grandson. Strangely when I say to him I will Duct tape him to his seat he laughs and goes and gets the roll.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

I'm very lucky then as my jack russel has his bed in the boot but prefers to sleep under the wifes legs passenger side front on any long trips..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Just for note on dog cages/guards etc. If you get the Cargo management you get a net (don't think it comes with the car otherwise) and the net can hang from just behind the drivers head and secures on the top of the back seats when folded. The hooks (or where the hooks go into) in the ceiling will be on all cars I am sure.
When the rear seats are not folded down the same net can be up behind the rear passengers heads.
We have specced the cargo management system. I was hoping to use it to secure the dog crate and separate the dog from the luggage in the boot. We will see. Big smile
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
DNR17

Post by DNR17 »

Made it to Lancashire on Tuesday night, Wednesday morning the box and rails were off. What a racket coming from it, average of 30mpg was not great either. As you know I sealed the boot ready for the pooch, thinking we can get a couple of cases in there leaving plenty of room for dog. Seriously under estimated just how much stuff we were taking. This trip is usually done with a double cab truck, so we are quite used to carrying the kitchen sink. My nice big roof box couldn't even swallow all the Christmas presents. Needless to say, the boot was to the roof, or back window in the Macans case, pooch on back seat with kids. No damage I'm happy to report...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dising the roof box, this trip would have been impossible without it.

Just hoping we can keep the waters back, not stopped raining here in 5 days!
Diesel S ordered September 2014, delivery schedualled September 2015.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGVHIJ59
Spud

Post by Spud »

If it gets any worse you could always use the roof box as a canoe 👍Spud2015-12-26 19:33:28
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
daver

Post by daver »

My lower tech solution for the dog. She won't go in the boot!

Nasher

Post by Nasher »

She looks a well behaved lady!

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but when your dogs are jumping in and out of the boot mind that their paws don't get caught in the push down latch cover in the boot sill.

Nasher2015-12-27 10:34:38
Petrol S - Sold
Turbo PP - Sold
Next - 718 GT4?
emptygroves

Post by emptygroves »

That's a good point about the push down latch cover, hadn't thought about that. I was ever so careful to begin with about lifting the dog /in/out, but as with most things the dog manages to appear in the boot as if by magic so lifting him has gone by the way side. I guess that as the dog gets older, he won't be able to make the jump up and eventually down, even with the AS lowered (does anybody actually use this for the supposed purpose of lowering the lip to enable objects to be loaded?).
I don't have a cargo pack, although I do have a cargo net from a previous motor which lives in the spare wheel well.

However, the dog goes in the boot with his lead attached to one of the rear-most luggage loops with a carabina. His lead length does not allow him to jump up on the seat backs, but if the youngest does decide that she would like to pet the pet, then the ski hatch proves an excellent compromise with the dog still restrained but taking part in "conversation"! I do have a boot liner that I have modified slightly to allow the cargo loops to standup, which sort of negates the waterproof nature of the liner, however, it does prevent the felt-type lining from getting mucked up in 99% of cases.
Cheers
Emptygroves

http://www.porsche-code.com/PG7WGNP8