Private Vehicle Reg. Number For Sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
box718s

Post by box718s »

thanks -
its £3740. not that interested when technically, MA16 CAN was only £400.....to be honest , i am annoyed that newreg database is not up to date.

even after they told me, you can still buy it

RE MA16CAN.
Mistakes happen but thats despicable! You're correct, they were STILL showing it as available when I checked!! Pretty sure that will contravene some trading standard. DVLA themselves would take a very dim view - perhaps you should report it. My guess is that they tripped up on its value (£400 is incredibly cheap for No 16 out of only 31 of this genre available thus far - Its value being closer to£2000) Rather than admit their mistake and make a potential loss, (they will know that they are duty bound to sell at advertised price) they have gone instead for that sheepish email. Sympathies.

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Next year the UK is opening up the  registration monopoly, so you can have what you want, and all these plates will become worthless.
Heard the same thing myself..I think the free 10 year retention signals this change in policy..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Haven't heard or read about this anywhere. Have you more info?

I received a letter from DVLA last year informing me that I would be notified about submitting a rebuilt classic that I own to an IVA test and the possibility that it could be reregistered on a category Q plate - OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!
This new (submission to IVA test) rule would cover ALL vehicles in the UK that enjoy "Historic" status (because of their age obviously) and unless the vehicle is <span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px;">"built from genuine period components even if from more than one vehicle, all over 25 years old and of the same specification as the original vehicle"</span> then it stands the risk of being Q Plated! This new rule will aply to "Re-constructed Historic" and "Specials" which are basically rebuilt replicas mostly. 

None of this would apply to the majority of us motorists seeking interesting registration numbers (valuable or not) for vehicles subject to standard MOT test and Road Fund Tax when applicable. 

Page 6 below, would suggest the system continues unchanged until at least 2030 for new cars....

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/359317/INF104_160914.pdf
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
amf

Post by amf »

I have got P20 SCE - might use in my new Mac2 coming in June!