Should I take the Porsche leap?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome. Surprised you did not like the interior - it was one of the main selling points for me - I loved the leather dash etc. - have a look at some other Macans.

As said, possibly review your lights.

As for the diesel engine - it's a lovely engine, very refined, fast enough and 40 mpg generally (unless you are a city driver) Smile

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

SD owner a great car, ref the interior go and sit in an XE (F Pace is reported as a similar style) then compare, add a BMW X series and you will be amazed as to how pleasing the Macan is. Not having looked up, your sec change some of the interior trim for the non standard look I have aluminium, it will be hard to downgrade off Porsche after this and the wife wants it already! I think the pending F pace, Maserati, are all larger too - maybe too large day to day!
Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove »

I previously drove cars all over Scotland and often wished I knew which direction I was heading, especially when it was overcast so could not locate the sun position. So for me the compass was a must. I like the Macan compass and do not regret speccing it.
emptygroves

Post by emptygroves »

Absolutely no regrets-just do it. The SD is very refined and more than quick enough. With regard to wheels, I dithered over this considerably; 19's or 20's? I went for the 20's eventually, and if I'm honest it's a 50/50 even now. The 20"SD look good but their finish doesn't stand close inspection. The tyre width is as fat as they get, but there's no noise irritation although it is there if you listen for it. The down side to their width is that the tyres don't come much more expensive either. The wheels are easy to clean right through to the inside rims and the tyres get plenty of life-at least 24k if mine are anything to go by. Getting snow socks to fit the 20 isn't easy, neigh impossible-anyone? I have no regrets about the 20's but likewise I don't think I would if I'd had 19's, although, maybe I'd have spent the extra on auto cruise or maybe surround view. That said, the rear view camera on this gets dirty very quickly and it seems that whenever I do want to know just how close I actually am, the lens just isn't clean enough!
I wouldn't spend extra on sound proof glass, it's just not needed.
I don't miss the storage packages but I'm glad I did the smoker's pack even though nobody smokes.
I don't find that the standard steering is heavy but then I'm a big chap although my Mrs has no complaints.
I have the partial leather with garnet and contrast stitching-love it! I'm not that into cows and wouldn't appreciate the difference between partial and full leather I suspect.
The air suspension is regularly adjusted (read, played with) and I can't recommend this enough. It rides everything with aplomb.
The tow bar is a great piece of utility kit (and a regular party trick!) although be warned that the 13 pin socket does not and cannot supply secondary electrics.
Not convinced by the bi-xenons; they're not bad, just not great. The corner tracking is more of a distraction than anything else. Being able to flick a switch to bias left/right hand drive is good though.
The sat nav and PCM is ok, but I'd like to think that the new kit is better. That wouldn't be difficult.
I think I would have preferred the 18 way seats; I've been in better than my current 14 ways.
The Bose is superb but I'm no audiophile.
The white is great but then I do spend any spare time cleaning it. Good thing or bad, up to you! On that note, coloured side blades would be a hundred times easier to clean than the self coloured ones.
Over to you -YOLO!
Cheers
Emptygroves

http://www.porsche-code.com/PG7WGNP8
phanlon

Post by phanlon »

The macan was my first Porsche. I went for the 3.0 petrol s. Best car I've owned!
I don't like diesel and they depreciate more in the macan so consider that.
I've a GTS on order. Probably the best all round car on the market today.
The macan defies depreciation more than most cars. That's always good piece of mind. In fact once you get into Porsche you realise it's much better value than u think.
Macan S (Current): http://www.porsche-code.com/PHVLRP48

Macan GTS (Sept Delivery): http://www.porsche-code.com/PH11ZQR7
coulsda2

Post by coulsda2 »

I ordered black full leather in a black car and took delivery 2 weeks ago. It is a 2017 spec so the surround cameras (a must) are crystal clear and the PCM is great.
I was a bit concerned that the car would be too black but with the chrome it looks extremely classy.
Mines also a SD and it is the best car I have driven. I did not bother with the sports chromo and even though I am still in the running in mode I have to admit I have tried the sports button (I don't have a sports plus button) and the engine is way sportier than I will ever need.
Good luck
Guy

Post by Guy »

I previously drove cars all over Scotland and often wished I knew which direction I was heading, especially when it was overcast so could not locate the sun position. So for me the compass was a must. I like the Macan compass and do not regret speccing it.

You can also have 'compass' as one of the lines of info on the vehicle menu of the multi function display. (This works without speccing the compass on the dash). You can also get a compass showing on the main PCM display - I think it's part of the car 'info' screen.

Guy2016-04-02 08:27:58
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

CSJ

Any thoughts on the responses so far, you seem to have gone quite.

If you are unsure on specific extras then come up to Lincoln on the 24th April and you will find more Macans in one place than you can see anywhere else. We are having a forum meet watch the Lincoln thread for more details.
date corrected
Col Lamb2016-04-02 10:23:31
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I thought it was the 24th?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
goron59

Post by goron59 »

You can also have 'compass' as one of the lines of info on the vehicle menu of the multi function display. (This works without speccing the compass on the dash). You can also get a compass showing on the main PCM display - I think it's part of the car 'info' screen.

Yes, in fact, if I'm not using nav, I generally have the 'Car' screen on the PCM which has a massive analog compass in the middle. Very handy.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR