Lost order !!!

All your ordering information here!
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

I've had much the same experience. Paid deposit for a Macan S in early October 2015. Told in about January that it would be built in late March and I should get it in April. Then told all petrol models were delayed about a month and given a date of 25th May. Chased up for confirmation and told sorry, it's a diesel that's coming and it's not to my spec. Now told it is due to be made in August, but as the factory shuts down for August it will really be in September. Now taking delivery of a new Cayenne on Monday at a much reduced price until my Macan arrives then they will take the Cayenne back at minimal cost to me, with contributions from Porsche and the dealer. Just waiting for the final paperwork to sign.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric

Parky

Post by Parky »

Thanks again to everyone for the fast response . I will call in and see the OPC this weekend. Will let you know what ensues.

Cheers
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Has anyone else experienced this?
Ordered my Macan S Diesel in October 2015. Given March to May as delivery range. Assumed May. Confirmed all the spec in Feb. Kept in touch with dealer and given dates for build (April 29) and delivery (May 11). On May 9 get a call saying that something has cocked up in transition between Porsche ordering systems and that car arriving is not my spec ( or even remotely close). New date is now 15 July. Is this unique? Normal? Or am I being taken for a ride.
I was under the impression that my £3k deposit secured me a build / delivery slot.

I love conspiracy theories, but if you ask me for a car to be so far off spec, someone has taken your spot in the queue and has got the spec changed to theirs. I hope I'm not speaking to soon, but haveing been through the ordering and confirming system for my GTS, anything far off spec is not a mistake, its deliberate. Now the dealer is fobbing you off with this cock and bull story that your spec got mixed and you'll have to wait. I'd be asking for a big good will gesture or walking away. Just couldn't stand a SE taking the piss.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Has anyone else experienced this?
Ordered my Macan S Diesel in October 2015. Given March to May as delivery range. Assumed May. Confirmed all the spec in Feb. Kept in touch with dealer and given dates for build (April 29) and delivery (May 11). On May 9 get a call saying that something has cocked up in transition between Porsche ordering systems and that car arriving is not my spec ( or even remotely close). New date is now 15 July. Is this unique? Normal? Or am I being taken for a ride.
I was under the impression that my £3k deposit secured me a build / delivery slot.

I love conspiracy theories, but if you ask me for a car to be so far off spec, someone has taken your spot in the queue and has got the spec changed to theirs. I hope I'm not speaking to soon, but haveing been through the ordering and confirming system for my GTS, anything far off spec is not a mistake, its deliberate. Now the dealer is fobbing you off with this cock and bull story that your spec got mixed and you'll have to wait. I'd be asking for a big good will gesture or walking away. Just couldn't stand a SE taking the piss.

I agree. Every time I changed my spec (which was a lot) I signed and returned a new spec sheet to agree that's what I wanted. The Porsche code was on there and when they sent over the screenshot showing its progress through production the same code was on there too. No chance of a mix up, it's someone else car.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Parky

Post by Parky »

Met with branch manager today. It seems that they have had the same issue in 3 cases, all Macans. There was a changeover of Porsche systems and some configs got screwed. Branch in discussions with Porsche, who are not taking any responsibility.
Recent changes to car tax rules mean that all car sales organisations are struggling to provide loan cars as any trade ins would have to be taxed again, which puts another registered owner on the car history. They will help me with a car on a couple of specific occasions.
The manager is also going to make me a goodwill offer at payment time. So, total pain in the @rse but I genuinely believe that local guys doing all they can.... And suffering as well (they now have a White Macan with 18" wheels, most expensive lights and red leather you can order but no sat nav, phone prep, stereo upgrade etc which they have to find a buyer for)
Thanks again for all the input. Looking forward to getting car in July!
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

Further to my previous reply, due to the extended delivery and confusion on my order, I went to collect a new Porsche Cayenne as a stop gap today until my Macan arrives, hopefully around September. Did the deal, signed all the paperwork and the salesman uncovered the car and was showing me around it when the dealer principal came out and introduced himself, then said "sorry, you can't take it!". I thought he was joking, but he wasn't. Apparently the Porsche main computer in Germany had just crashed and they could not register any cars or complete any more deals today. So instead of coming home in my white Cayenne diesel, I came home in a black Cayenne hybrid, and the salesman will bring my car over tomorrow once they have managed to tax it. Porsche ownership is proving rather difficult, I don't think you could write a story with all these problems in it and there are another 4 or 5 months to go yet. On the plus side they have discounted the Cayenne by £6k and given me a good trade in price and have assured me they will buy back the Cayenne with basically no loss to me apart from the equivalent to what my trade in car would have depreciated in the few months I have the Cayenne. I have to say the hybrid is good and easily does 50+ mph for quite some distance in "milk float mode".
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
Paul

Post by Paul »

That's very poor....they should really have pulled the vehicle across into the DVLA section of their system earlier in anticipation of registering it today. Leaving things to the last minute always exposes them!
Still, you get to smoke around in a nice hybrid for an evening.
Make sure you check the Cayenne over thoroughly in tne morning; you never know
Roll on September
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465