Options help required!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SQ52GTS

Post by SQ52GTS »

SD, GTS or Turbo think it's a very good car whichever you choose.

It's the options that become costly regardless. I keep looking at configurator and thinking I really need that ... Saw my first Carmine GTS tonight with 21 black classics ... Hated it
2016 Sapphire GTS with 21 Black Classics.
2018 Sapphire GTS without Black Classics.

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

SD, GTS or Turbo think it's a very good car whichever you choose.

Thumbs Up
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
steve w

Post by steve w »

SQ52GTS
I've just taken delivery of a Carrara White GTS it's stunning,it's going in for detailing 4th August that's the earliest I could get it done,I'm going for GYEON MHOS coating not cheap but one of the latest high tec products,will probably have some wrapping done in the most vunerable areas also,we've have the GTS interior with silver stiching and have the aluminium trim which contrasts with the silver stiching and brightens up the interior,21 in Black Classics ,very easy to clean ,according to forum members the SPYDERs are a pain in thr arse to keep clean,I've also gone for AIR/PASM this time as I found just PASM with 21in on the SD was a little choppy at times,with you on the Carmine Red it's not for me but others really like it,I have the standard 8 way sports seats and find them to be as good as the 18 way sports seats I had in our SD ,most of the time the lumbar support etc in the 18 way were in the neutral position but try them out for yourself,as I said mine going in for detailing there's plenty of info on the forum about it ,is it worth the cost that depends on how you look after your Macan it's not maintainence free and costs £600/£850 I would think Most new MACAN
owners don't bother but that's a person decision ,loads of info on the forum probably to much so take in what you need and go with your instinct for the rest.
Enjoy the experience .
SteveW
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Steve

If you do not mind me asking how much is the Gtechniq treatment going to cost?

And is it a single or two day job?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SQ52GTS

Post by SQ52GTS »

Will certainly go for detailing my Sq was full of swirls when I picked it up, Nottingham Audi were having some kind of extension and reckon most of the dust ended up on my car. Live near Newark so must be decent detainers Sheffield, Nottingham, Doncaster.

Thanks Stevew have seen your gts photos, looks great and the 21's really set it off. What interior upgrade would you go with I can't live with alcantara steering wheel .
2016 Sapphire GTS with 21 Black Classics.
2018 Sapphire GTS without Black Classics.
steve w

Post by steve w »

SQ52GTS
I've gone for the GTS interior ,full leather no Alcantara with the silver stiching ,silly money at £2600 but you either pay or go without but it looks stunning so no regrets,had the partial leather on our SD I didn't like it neither one or the other a mismatch of leather and plastic IMO.
StrveW
steve w

Post by steve w »

Col Lamb
GYEON MHOS including paint,exterior trim,glass and wheels £550 + vat,if I want the wheels removing that's another £25 per wheel ,going to see about the interior leather and might have some wrapping done in the most vunerable areas.,I was considering taking it down to Jayone simply because other members are highly satisfied with his work but these guys in Doncaster come highly recommend ,they've just done a FULL wrap on a new McLaren and their portfolio consists of all top end motors,unlike Jay they aren't a one man band but still couldn't detail our GTS for over a month which gives me confidence on their work,spoke to the owner and he recommends the GYEON MHOS but will use the GTECHNIQUE if I want that,can only go on their recommendations,the GYEON MHOS on doing some research looks to be up there with the best.
SteveW