Car collected .... Not impressed!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

you should name and shame so we can steer clear of this dealer.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

gasgas1 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:39 am you should name and shame so we can steer clear of this dealer.
If you look at Paul's previous posts, you'll find he bought the car from a Porsche OPC in Cambridge.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ On the other hand, I was pleased with the service I got from them when I traded in my Panamera and bought my new Carrera T.

Certainly the sales guy that I dealt with was very thorough.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Sorry to hear about these problems taking the shine off a very expensive purchase. The low oil level is pretty serious in the sense that it’s so low that only a few major deficiencies could have got it to this point:
- service not done at all so oil not changed. This would be consistent with the service indicator. Possible.
- major oil leak so that it’s lost much of its new oil. Seems unlikely as you got home without the oil reaching danger level
- service done incorrectly so insufficient oil added and also service indicator not reset. Possible.
- bad oil level sensor but this would still leave the service indicator not reset. Unlikely.

Whichever way you look at it the OPC has got some serious explaining to do. Given how far away you are, taking the car back will involve significant expense for you. Their explanation is going to drive the next steps. Let us know how you get on.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The car is a 15 plate. The link from your original thread no longer works so the declared mileage is not available. On age alone, the car should have had a major service in 2019 and would not be due another service until 2021. That would tie in with what the car is telling you.

If the OPC had said the car is not due a service until next year when you bought it so they had not serviced it you would have known where you stood. Failing to check the oil level is unacceptable under any circumstances.

Is the car dirtier than it was in the video the OPC sent you?

Just a little friendly criticism, I'm not sure it's the brightest idea to post photos of the car instruments with the car in cruise at 70 mile/h ;)
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

On-Track wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:34 am The car is a 15 plate. The link from your original thread no longer works so the declared mileage is not available. On age alone, the car should have had a major service in 2019 and would not be due another service until 2021. That would tie in with what the car is telling you.

If the OPC had said the car is not due a service until next year when you bought it so they had not serviced it you would have known where you stood. Failing to check the oil level is unacceptable under any circumstances.

Is the car dirtier than it was in the video the OPC sent you?

Just a little friendly criticism, I'm not sure it's the brightest idea to post photos of the car instruments with the car in cruise at 70 mile/h ;)

It was explained to me that the car has had a minor service in 2017 (Porsche), then had a second minor service in 2019 (Porsche) and because the service intervals were out of sync, they would therefore have to give it its Major service before letting it go to let it get back to its proper service intervals.

The car is a 15 plate on 44000 miles.

I would say the car looks the same in the video as it does when collected although videos are hard to tell by. You can tell it has been polished (very poorly) on the exterior. But other than that, you can also tell it had been left out doors the night before in the rain. The sun has yesterday then dried the rain water leaving it dirty.
Last edited by PaulB on Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Just think about it for a moment 🤔 You like the car, everything works yeah? It was dirty on pick up due to the rain and you have £100 off ( as you said it’s a lot dirtier now) The service indicator is correct based on 2015 car and your checking the oil whilst running app 2000 revs! It may well not have been fully topped but I would check it again at a more gentle pace before you go any further. I have no experience of this dealer but others on here would have and can comment appropriately before anyone wants to name and shame.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

If the car has just had a major (last week) shouldn't the service interval been reset?

In terms of the car prep, the exterior dirt is annoying but i can accept it as mentioned. Internally however, no excuses.
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

The previous owner may well have had it serviced out of sync time wise, if the car is registered around 4/2015 it’s been set to coincide with its 6th anniversary and yes of course it should have been properly cleaned inside. As I said, I don’t have experience of the dealer but what’s most important now is are you happy with the car 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

20200823_104417.jpg

Plot thickens ...
I have gone out to take the car a small run and it appears there is an oily spot on the drive way.
See attached (not a great picture)