Average age of macan driver?

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:54 pm Hey Tracky, Wab’s having a go at your shoes now!! 😂
He is proper on one now!

Have you got a handle I can borrow to wind my neck in please ?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Some people bring joy when they arrive, others when they leave…
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

wab172uk wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:29 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:18 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:13 pm All, it takes a while, but you will come to realise that Tracky is a wind up merchant and nearly everything he posts is tongue in cheek.
He is also quite helpful on occasion just a weird sense of humour… 😳
Ah yes but I didn’t deserve to be personally insulted by a newbie though!
And yet accusing another relative newbie (me) of being a badge snob, and bragging to the lads down the pub that I have a Porsche, all for me saying having a Porsche badge is a feel good factor.

Whether a newbie or not, maybe wind your neck in with your own posts, then you might not get personally insulted (if that’s what he did) which has clearly upset your delicate soul.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:34 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:54 pm Hey Tracky, Wab’s having a go at your shoes now!! 😂
He is proper on one now!

Hardly, but if the think you’ve triggered me gives you a tingle in your pants, crack on.

The only person triggered on here is you. As I said earlier, you come across as a bit of an arse. The more posts of yours I read, the more it confirms my thoughts.

Still, another wise crack will no doubt follow, to get you back on your moral high ground perch.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

He is proper on one now!

God, I think I can hear the sniggering from here !!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

wab172uk wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:26 pm
He is proper on one now!

I thought mine was just a good gag around your spelling Wab…
As it happens, it went over Tracky’s head too… 🙄
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:50 pm
wab172uk wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:26 pm

He is proper on one now!

I thought mine was just a good gag around your spelling Wab…
As it happens, it went over Tracky’s head too… 🙄
No it didn’t but I’d dare comment …
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Ah, I seemed to have sparked a bit of a conflict.
I won't deny that it was completely unintended, yet apologies for bringing somewhat toxicity to the thread.

Let's try and untwist some knickers.
I won't deny that some of my observations were aimed at Tacky. Still, it was also a generalised comment that we should avoid dealing in absolutes or looking down on others and making them feel like second-grade citizens for whatever it may be (don't take their cars to tracks, bought a lower model variant etc etc).
One thing I would mention is that I was not calling you (Tracky) a c**t straight up.
It was a comment based on your opinion that anyone who does not push their cars to the limit of engineering capabilities a Macan offers over an Audi Q5 is undeserving of their purchase and are, therefore, unworthy of the cars they chose and bought.
And I assume the only ways you can do that is either to take the Macan to the track or to be able to push a Macan to its absolute limits on a public road; you would have to be, well, driving like a c**t.

I do not know you, and I take your word that you are a superior driver to anyone else on here and probably a beast on the tracks. However, it does not make others who are less so any lesser of a human being, nor are they any more or less deserving of their car choice and purchase.

Whether you take joy out of buying a capable car and using it for school runs, or you enjoy buying less equipped cars and enjoy modding it, or you enjoy collecting garage queens, love to take their cars to the track, whatever it is that floats your boat, if it brings joy to the individual, the more power to you.

I'm a firm believer in people enjoying their life, and making their own educated decisions, whether it's through consulting on other people's experiences or going about it their own, as long as it is not at the detriment of others, do what makes you happy, and no one should make you feel any less of yourself for doing so.

Finally, newbie or not doesn't make their opinions any less valid, especially when it's an observation on basic human decency or decorum.
There is a difference between sarcasm, winding people up, banter, and, well.... just crass.

Let's try and keep it classy, and I'll also endeavour to work on my own shortcomings too. ;)

My inner geek with leave you with a quote.
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"
Macan GTS - September build allocation
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

MoonageMin wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:51 pm Ah, I seemed to have sparked a bit of a conflict.
I won't deny that it was completely unintended, yet apologies for bringing somewhat toxicity to the thread.

Let's try and untwist some knickers.
I won't deny that some of my observations were aimed at Tacky. Still, it was also a generalised comment that we should avoid dealing in absolutes or looking down on others and making them feel like second-grade citizens for whatever it may be (don't take their cars to tracks, bought a lower model variant etc etc).
One thing I would mention is that I was not calling you (Tracky) a c**t straight up.
It was a comment based on your opinion that anyone who does not push their cars to the limit of engineering capabilities a Macan offers over an Audi Q5 is undeserving of their purchase and are, therefore, unworthy of the cars they chose and bought.
And I assume the only ways you can do that is either to take the Macan to the track or to be able to push a Macan to its absolute limits on a public road; you would have to be, well, driving like a c**t.

I do not know you, and I take your word that you are a superior driver to anyone else on here and probably a beast on the tracks. However, it does not make others who are less so any lesser of a human being, nor are they any more or less deserving of their car choice and purchase.

Whether you take joy out of buying a capable car and using it for school runs, or you enjoy buying less equipped cars and enjoy modding it, or you enjoy collecting garage queens, love to take their cars to the track, whatever it is that floats your boat, if it brings joy to the individual, the more power to you.

I'm a firm believer in people enjoying their life, and making their own educated decisions, whether it's through consulting on other people's experiences or going about it their own, as long as it is not at the detriment of others, do what makes you happy, and no one should make you feel any less of yourself for doing so.

Finally, newbie or not doesn't make their opinions any less valid, especially when it's an observation on basic human decency or decorum.
There is a difference between sarcasm, winding people up, banter, and, well.... just crass.

Let's try and keep it classy, and I'll also endeavour to work on my own shortcomings too. ;)

My inner geek with leave you with a quote.
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"
In fairness, when you have been on here a while you will get to understand Tracky and his comments a little better and probably in a different light.

I think the only thing you might want to work on is being a little more succinct! 😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

That is a life long endeavour for me :lol:
Macan GTS - September build allocation