Average age of macan driver?

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

wab172uk wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:51 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:42 pm
MoonageMin wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:54 pm I don’t know, my previous car was an X5.
Test drove an Audi, and the Macan (albeit in Macan S and not the GTS I ordered).
Enjoyed the ride, felt great inside the car in look and feel.
I have no intention to take a Macan on to a track, and also not insecure enough to admit that I don’t do any track days, so clearly not a macho alpha male like others on here.
But I’m happy with my purchase, I like the Macan GTS for what it is, design, the way it rides (I assume the GTS can only ride better than the S), pleased with my options I specced, missus and kids also like it best amongst all the potential options we looked at across brands.
Not buying it just for the badge, but I have no qualms admitting that I’m also buying for the badge.
I fully understand I’m not buying a 911 GT3 RS, and that it’s in fact a small SUV, also aware that most parts started off as an Audi.
But I have zero regrets yet.
I think speaking in absolutes, when presenting one’s opinions and condescending others that thinks otherwise is a little crass to be honest.
Maybe it’s just a humble brag that “I take my cars to tracks and hence somehow superior” but I genuinely don’t believe just because someone doesn’t push their car to the limit, or drive like a c#*t they are undeserving of buying a nice car if they can afford it.

Probably going to regret saying this due to the imaginable backlash and other such misconstrued opinions. But it’s a bit tasteless seeing this kind of thing time and time again on what’s been a super friendly, unsnobby forum most of the time I have been here, although granted, it’s not been long.

🫣 bring on the abuse 😂
Ps that was more aggressive than the letter to the dealer
I'm not sure what your problem is Tracky. But you're coming over as a bit of an arse.

Maybe you're having a bad day? Maybe you're not? Who knows?
You don’t know me do you…
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:31 pm
wab172uk wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:51 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:42 pm

Ps that was more aggressive than the letter to the dealer
I'm not sure what your problem is Tracky. But you're coming over as a bit of an arse.

Maybe you're having a bad day? Maybe you're not? Who knows?
You don’t know me do you…
No, but I'm starting to :lol:
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

All, it takes a while, but you will come to realise that Tracky is a wind up merchant and nearly everything he posts is tongue in cheek.
He is also quite helpful on occasion just a weird sense of humour… 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:13 pm All, it takes a while, but you will come to realise that Tracky is a wind up merchant and nearly everything he posts is tongue in cheek.
Ah yes but I didn’t deserve to be personally insulted by a newbie though!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:18 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:13 pm All, it takes a while, but you will come to realise that Tracky is a wind up merchant and nearly everything he posts is tongue in cheek.
I think the appropriate action is to chuck your toys out the pram, leave the forum, delete your handle and then return some time later under a different (but weirdly similar) name… 😂😂
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:24 pm
I think the appropriate action is to chuck your toys out the pram, leave the forum, delete your handle and then return some time later under a different (but weirdly similar) name… 😂😂
Ha ha yes, the good old days!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

MoonageMin wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:26 pm
pmg wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:16 pm
MoonageMin wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:54 pm (I assume the GTS can only ride better than the S),

Strictly on ride, there us a trade off between adding air and then lowering and moving to 21 inch wheels. I am quite confident the best ride of a GTS and S is S with air suspension and 20 inch wheels
Ah I gotcha, makes total sense.

I should have wrote that I assume the GTS drives better than the S but yes I guess ride quality is also equally as important.

My initial Macan S build also had the air suspension specced so that's one less variable, but do appreciate the comment regarding lowering and 21 inch wheels.
I understand this can and will make a difference, but I don't think it will be a deal breaker, can't be any harsher than all the BMWs I owned in the past :D
Unless you swapped out the GTS air for standard air (free option) the GTS will ride a little firmer on like for like wheels. Mine is standard air with 21” wheels and neighbours GTS is standard spec. His is slightly more agitated on poor surfaces but only the same as mine with one helping of extra PASM.
Not a lot in it to be honest so nothing to worry about, I found his GTS to be a very comfortable ride 👍
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

And yet accusing another relative newbie (me) of being a badge snob, and bragging to the lads down the pub that I have a Porsche, all for me saying having a Porsche badge is a feel good factor.

Whether a newbie or not, maybe wind your neck in with your own posts, then you might not get personally insulted (if that’s what he did) which has clearly upset your delicate sole.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Hey Tracky, Wab’s having a go at your shoes now!! 😂
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

wab172uk wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:29 pm
And yet accusing another relative newbie (me) of being a badge snob, and bragging to the lads down the pub that I have a Porsche, all for me saying having a Porsche badge is a feel good factor.

Whether a newbie or not, maybe wind your neck in with your own posts, then you might not get personally insulted (if that’s what he did) which has clearly upset your delicate sole.
Where did I say that and personalise it to you..?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S