Average age of macan driver?

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:24 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:18 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:13 pm All, it takes a while, but you will come to realise that Tracky is a wind up merchant and nearly everything he posts is tongue in cheek.
He is also quite helpful on occasion just a weird sense of humour… 😳
Ah yes but I didn’t deserve to be personally insulted by a newbie though!
I think the appropriate action is to chuck your toys out the pram, leave the forum, delete your handle and then return some time later under a different (but weirdly similar) name… 😂😂
Hi Jon, I think your comments above are probably aimed at me. All what you have said above is correct but I will add a little background as to the reason why I acted in that way at the time.
I cannot remember the post but I sent a rather unpleasant reply to somebody about the miles they drove in a year. I cannot remember who was on the receiving end of my post but quite rightly they responded with a put down that I fully deserved. The reason I chucked the baby out of the bath was because I was disgusted with myself for sending the post. I always tell my kids, if you have nothing nice to say then best say nothing, I clearly was not listening to my own advice with this episode. Who am I to question how many miles a person drives in their car. So yes I left the forum and after some time I have returned. Now I could have come back with a completely different name but why would I do that, at least this way you all know it’s that a…hole who told everybody a gen 2 didn’t have a light bar or duel twin pipes.

O yes, thanks for your next post explaining the difference between GTS air and “normal air”. I have spec’ed the normal but I think am going to change it back to GTS. It’s informative posts like that, that make reading this forum worthwhile, hence the reason why I have returned.

Please don’t have a go at me for hijacking a thread.

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Tidesurge2 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:53 pm

I think the appropriate action is to chuck your toys out the pram, leave the forum, delete your handle and then return some time later under a different (but weirdly similar) name… 😂😂
Hi Jon, I think your comments above are probably aimed at me. All what you have said above is correct but I will add a little background as to the reason why I acted in that way at the time.
I cannot remember the post but I sent a rather unpleasant reply to somebody about the miles they drove in a year. I cannot remember who was on the receiving end of my post but quite rightly they responded with a put down that I fully deserved. The reason I chucked the baby out of the bath was because I was disgusted with myself for sending the post. I always tell my kids, if you have nothing nice to say then best say nothing, I clearly was not listening to my own advice with this episode. Who am I to question how many miles a person drives in their car. So yes I left the forum and after some time I have returned. Now I could have come back with a completely different name but why would I do that, at least this way you all know it’s that a…hole who told everybody a gen 2 didn’t have a light bar or duel twin pipes.

O yes, thanks for your next post explaining the difference between GTS air and “normal air”. I have spec’ed the normal but I think am going to change it back to GTS. It’s informative posts like that, that make reading this forum worthwhile, hence the reason why I have returned.

I don’t think it was you actually!!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

I did say probably aimed at me. It doesn’t really matter if it was me or not, either way I was a bit of an a…hole that day and probably on a few other occasions. It actually feels good to have put it down in print, it did bother me for a while. I will be keeping future polite posts to a minimum and just inform on milestone dates wrt my order. Cannot really wait to get the car in March, I take early retirement in Feb and this is a present to myself. I emphasise the “early”, I am old but not that old.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tracky wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:54 pm

I don’t think it was you actually!!

+1. Probably Omni/HHGTTG. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tidesurge2 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:06 pm I did say probably aimed at me. It doesn’t really matter if it was me or not, either way I was a bit of an a…hole that day and probably on a few other occasions. It actually feels good to have put it down in print, it did bother me for a while. I will be keeping future polite posts to a minimum and just inform on milestone dates wrt my order. Cannot really wait to get the car in March, I take early retirement in Feb and this is a present to myself. I emphasise the “early”, I am old but not that old.

And pics are always welcome, when you get it! :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Tidesurge2 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:06 pm I did say probably aimed at me. It doesn’t really matter if it was me or not, either way I was a bit of an a…hole that day and probably on a few other occasions. It actually feels good to have put it down in print, it did bother me for a while. I will be keeping future polite posts to a minimum and just inform on milestone dates wrt my order. Cannot really wait to get the car in March, I take early retirement in Feb and this is a present to myself. I emphasise the “early”, I am old but not that old.
Well I missed that otherwise I’m sure I would have contributed ;)

Good for you and enjoy the car

We have set plans in motion for me to retire early too I hope, will know in a month or so, and that will be before I’m 50.

Keep searching the Ads for a gt3, but even then reluctant to pay £40-45k overs!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:18 pm

And pics are always welcome, when you get it! :)

Cheers,
Not you tidesurge someone from distant past. I only ever try to either be informative or amusing - not really worth anything else 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:59 pm
...... I only ever try to either be informative or amusing......
Have you got any evidence to back that up? :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Probably a good move to revert to GTS air as it will suit the car better I think. The GTS is a lovely car and even in standard guise with no options, it would be great to own.
I specced up an S because couldn’t wait the then 18 months but would have gone Gts if all things equal. Having said that there really isn’t very much between them and I got mine three price rises ago and at less than 5% interest so laughing now 😊
Interestingly, Cayenne, 718 and Panamera all have massively superior engines in the GTS guise but not so the Macan - bit odd really I think.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:13 pm All, it takes a while, but you will come to realise that Tracky is a wind up merchant and nearly everything he posts is tongue in cheek.
He is also quite helpful on occasion just a weird sense of humour… 😳
I think the appropriate action is to chuck your toys out the pram, leave the forum, delete your handle and then return some time later under a different (but weirdly similar) name😂😂
Oddly

I had that very same thought.

As various members seem to be getting upset the question is who is going to get Expunged for them only to return as ……… Tracky’s Dad
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags