Macan EV on sale for late 2022 [?]

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

As far as Porsche is concerned, the folks from Stuttgart are putting the finishing touches on the all-electric Macan that was supposed to be launched later this year. According to the report, the electric SUV will be unveiled next year and will be manufactured in Leipzig, Germany. "The hardware is great," a source close to Porsche told the publication "but the software is still missing."

source: https://www.motor1.com/news/597948/audi ... s-delayed/

Also: https://insideevs.com/news/597624/vw-gr ... e-bentley/

and.... https://motorillustrated.com/software-p ... up/100955/
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:52 am
THHGTTG wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:48 pm I got contacted by Porsche Mid Sussex through IG telling me that if I wanted an EV Macan now would be a very good time to give them a deposit because they think they will be massively on back-order. Me thinks that may be, at least partially, a sales ploy perhaps?

Was the message to you personally as a “genuine customer” or was it more of a general communication to pretty much anyone who follows them on IG?

It does seem odd that they’re after your deposit now, whereas some OPCs are actively refusing to take deposits at this stage. 🤔
It was a direct response to me. I replied to one of their posts and mentioned I may be back to look at the new EV Macan when they arrive and they replied to that.
andreas

Post by andreas »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:11 pm As far as Porsche is concerned, the folks from Stuttgart are putting the finishing touches on the all-electric Macan that was supposed to be launched later this year. According to the report, the electric SUV will be unveiled next year and will be manufactured in Leipzig, Germany. "The hardware is great," a source close to Porsche told the publication "but the software is still missing."

source: https://www.motor1.com/news/597948/audi ... s-delayed/

Also: https://insideevs.com/news/597624/vw-gr ... e-bentley/

and.... https://motorillustrated.com/software-p ... up/100955/
It looks like the Macan EV will be at least a year late, maybe 2 years.

Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Porsche crappy at software?! No, never heard of such a thing…..
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

THHGTTG wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:20 pm Porsche crappy at software?! No, never heard of such a thing…..
It’s weird isn’t it, a company whose spent their entire existence focussing on heavy manufacturing and marketing aren’t experts in an entirely different field?
andreas

Post by andreas »

BanZ wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:26 pm

It’s weird isn’t it, a company whose spent their entire existence focussing on heavy manufacturing and marketing aren’t experts in an entirely different field?
Surely, if that's the case, they shouldn't attempt to put software-based stuff in their cars?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I wouldn’t be surprised if Porsche is betting on solid-state batteries with twice the power/weight density.
It would certainly improve the dynamics and range of the car.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

THHGTTG wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:20 pm Porsche crappy at software?! No, never heard of such a thing…..

Honestly, they've no excuse. Software has revolutionised the world since the advent of the computer. In 2022 a global company like VW has absolutely no excuse for not being able to deliver digital user experiences.

The car industry has been behind until a few key players kicked the entire lot up the arse. They should have all invested heavily the moment Steve Jobs unveiled the first iPhone and Apple sky rocketed to become the giant it is today.

Instead we've got car software that looks and acts like it's a cheap knockoff tablet from 2012 in brand new cars being built in 2022.

Fully disclosure: I work in software so perhaps I am biased.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Plyphon wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:08 pm

Honestly, they've no excuse. Software has revolutionised the world since the advent of the computer. In 2022 a global company like VW has absolutely no excuse for not being able to deliver digital user experiences.

The car industry has been behind until a few key players kicked the entire lot up the arse. They should have all invested heavily the moment Steve Jobs unveiled the first iPhone and Apple sky rocketed to become the giant it is today.

Instead we've got car software that looks and acts like it's a cheap knockoff tablet from 2012 in brand new cars being built in 2022.

Most likely because the underlying software is created by Blackberry QNX! Blackberry phones sank the moment Apple broke the mould with the Apple iPhone
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Plyphon wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:08 pm

Nail on the head here, no excuse whatsoever. Jump into any new BMW and see how their software runs, now on the 8 idrive evolution/ generation, it’s intuitive and more importantly it works blooming well. 2 x OTA updates a year as well.

Can I also add they the AC in the Macan is absolute garbage as well? Even on Max AC its poor.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7