Build allocations only

All your ordering information here!
Jon A
Posts: 1374
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Wed May 11, 2022 10:22 pm

Is this a spot the difference contest Skyway??
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Collected on April 13th ‘22
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...
911 on order - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1N98U9

Skyway
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:42 pm

Post by Skyway » Wed May 11, 2022 10:30 pm

:D Like you guys don’t notice the tiniest differences

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16899
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Wed May 11, 2022 10:30 pm

Jon A wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:22 pm
Is this a spot the difference contest Skyway??

Side blades. ;)

I prefer the non-painted look.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

GlobalNomad
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:10 pm

Post by GlobalNomad » Wed May 11, 2022 10:33 pm

I’m with wing commander. Painted side panels make it look to me more like a regular car, and the black side panels give a more sporty vibe.

Jon A
Posts: 1374
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Wed May 11, 2022 10:37 pm

Painted all day long and twice on Sundays… 👍
You still get the 3D effect and it looks awesome 😎
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Collected on April 13th ‘22
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...
911 on order - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1N98U9

Corneyboy
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by Corneyboy » Wed May 11, 2022 10:55 pm

Skyway wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:15 pm
Playing around with my spec again, which of the following looks best?
If not going with painted side-skirts I'd go with the painted side-blades. If optioning the painted front and rear aprons plus side-skirts, then I'd go with the black side-blades as they then stand out more.
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21

User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Post by SAC1 » Wed May 11, 2022 10:57 pm

Black side blades. It's an SUV, not an estate car.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Skyway
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:42 pm

Post by Skyway » Wed May 11, 2022 11:36 pm

Corneyboy wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:55 pm
Skyway wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:15 pm
Playing around with my spec again, which of the following looks best?
If not going with painted side-skirts I'd go with the painted side-blades. If optioning the painted front and rear aprons plus side-skirts, then I'd go with the black side-blades as they then stand out more.
Yeah, my thoughts were to keep the run of black plastic at a low level around the vehicle (can’t bring myself to pay for that to be coloured), and then keep as much of the body white. Just a thought at this stage.

as7920
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by as7920 » Thu May 12, 2022 12:36 am

Skyway wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 11:36 pm
Corneyboy wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:55 pm
Skyway wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:15 pm
Playing around with my spec again, which of the following looks best?
If not going with painted side-skirts I'd go with the painted side-blades. If optioning the painted front and rear aprons plus side-skirts, then I'd go with the black side-blades as they then stand out more.
Yeah, my thoughts were to keep the run of black plastic at a low level around the vehicle (can’t bring myself to pay for that to be coloured), and then keep as much of the body white. Just a thought at this stage.
I do prefer the black aprons and side skirts. All models apart from GTS have this standard whereas for the GTS it’s included in the Python package.

Body coloured side skirts and even blades make the car look taller though black side skirts give the impression it’s riding higher.

I guess it also depends on the colour but as you’ve gone white is stick with your second option.

as7920
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by as7920 » Thu May 12, 2022 12:37 am

as7920 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 12:36 am
Skyway wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 11:36 pm
Corneyboy wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:55 pm

If not going with painted side-skirts I'd go with the painted side-blades. If optioning the painted front and rear aprons plus side-skirts, then I'd go with the black side-blades as they then stand out more.
Yeah, my thoughts were to keep the run of black plastic at a low level around the vehicle (can’t bring myself to pay for that to be coloured), and then keep as much of the body white. Just a thought at this stage.
I do prefer the black aprons and side skirts. All models apart from GTS have this standard whereas for the GTS it’s included in the Python package.

Body coloured side skirts and even blades make the car look taller though black side skirts give the impression it’s riding higher.

I guess it also depends on the colour but as you’ve gone white I’d stick with your second option.

Post Reply

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post