Mobile ceramic coating detailer in London

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Hi all. Have done some searching but can't seem to find what I'm looking for, which is a mobile detailer who can apply a ceramic coating to my new GTS when it shows up just before year end or in January.

Know there are several really high quality places that I can take it, but am really after someone who can come to me in SW12. The car will be in a secure covered garage with plenty of room so hopefully someone mobile, who's recommended, will able to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

They do not really go together.

Firstly applying a ceramic coating does need to be done once the paintwork has been corrected, this correction alone can take one working day. The whole process if done correctly can take three to four days.

The Pro Detailer will need not just adequate space all round the car but it needs to be in a very clean and controlled environment.

On completing the coating the product will need to cure for at least 24 hours, with wheels off as they to will be coated hence the environment needs to be controlled and a locked domestic garage is not such an environment.

Mobile detailers will just do the wax jobs with Autoglym type products.

Your OPC can no doubt provide a ceramic coating but it will not be as good as what a Pro Detailer does if it is done with in house staff.

Good luck.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Got it. Thanks.

Have seen a few recommendations here, but would now be useful to know of any good ones based very close to SW12.

Thanks again.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do read up on the subject via this thread

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106&hilit=Washing+and+detailing

The Detailing World websites is where the super geeks of the detailing world hang out.

This reminds me, I must dust off the snow foam gun and get my brown/grey/white car black again.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:45 pm Got it. Thanks.

Have seen a few recommendations here, but would now be useful to know of any good ones based very close to SW12.

Thanks again.
I used a company called Belissimoto based in Bermondsey. Highly recommended. But for proper detailing you’re talking 2-3 days in his facility.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Not asking for much here… :lol:
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Picked mine up last night after two whole weeks of correction coating and baking. Looks brand new now.

I used GVE in Uxbridge, not a million miles from you. They supplied a courtesy car for the whole time.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Mine was cured under UV lights overnight. Took two days for the whole job as not much paint correction was required.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Thanks for all the help.

Am in contact with Belissimoto. Really appreciate the recommendation, Paul.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
RatRace

Post by RatRace »

Kleynie wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:56 pm Picked mine up last night after two whole weeks of correction coating and baking. Looks brand new now.

I used GVE in Uxbridge, not a million miles from you. They supplied a courtesy car for the whole time.
Resurrecting an old thread here... Kleynie can you please share your experience with GVE and how the ceramic coat is holding up?

They are nearest to my location and I'm looking to get it done for potential early April delivery of my S.

Also, they are quoting higher than prices mentioned in GTech site, did that happen to you too?
2023 Macan S