Porsche's Own brand Dashcam Questions

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Thanks how odd?!? I’ll raise with the OPC along with the screen issue!!

X45

Post by X45 »

Paul1970 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:47 am
Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 am
MrBaozi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:15 am Apparently they kept pointing him to where it's underlined in red. Directly or "Indirectly".

Seemingly the Get out of jail free card for Porsche if they don't want to honour the warranty.

As I still have a Thinkware dashcam I removed from my previous car I'll probably get one of these.

https://thinkwaredashcam.eu/product/obdiicable/
Thanks, good intel. I think as someone who deals with contract law, I will investigate a little more as there is no way this could invalidate a warranty claim against, say a failed drive shaft or brakes etc.
Will return to this and post what I find 👍

From my conversations I have the same interpretation as you. A mechanical defect will be covered, but any electrical issues will not be if they can make a direct or indirect link to the instal of the Dashcam. When they took my car in for a service they never said anything about the non-Porsche Dashcam I used to have, other than telling me it had to be disconnected.

With my new car I simply concluded that for a saving of £300 or £400 why take the risk. The downside is that Porsche don’t offer a rear Dashcam.
Oh yes they do, I've a rear camera in both of my P cars :)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Me too, front and rear Porsche dashcam and haven't knowingly had any speed recording issues ;)
Macan S MY 2023
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Another 'me too'. Have front and rear and so far no issues (aside from the pain in the butt setup with a new phone)

No idea about the speed display error. How did you access the video? i.e. direct from the card or via the app?
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Had to do via the card, it wouldn’t let me on the phone - it needs another update which I failed to do correctly this time!! Maybe it’s something to do with that!!
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Well I'm 8 months in and still haven't been able to log in via the app or do any kind of viewing of footage. I gave up. Currently beyond my pay grade/knowledge!

Going to ask when I have a service for a demo and help in how to do it.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Best way is to connect purely to the dashcam's Wifi and switch off everything else, i.e. mobile data, bluetooth etc. I find that works everytime.

You will need to have used the dashcam's password at least once in the past though.
Macan S MY 2023
X45

Post by X45 »

I just take out the sim card and put into my card reader so I can view footage on my PC.
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:36 am I had to pull some footage from the Porsche dashcam recently (with difficulty), but has anyone noticed a potentially discrepancy with the MPH. I by chance noticed that even though I was stationary in the car it showed me doing something like 10 mph- obviously pre and post that the mileage was changing at rates which were not reflective of what I can see I was probably doing, but not always. I can’t figure it out and I tried, but my head couldn’t try work it out any longer :)
Well I’m completely dumb. I went to pull the dash cam footage for the braking issue :) and again going through footage, I couldn’t get my head around why it appeared that I was going above the speed limit, I even looked to be driving slowly on the screen…. I played lots of footage and I was livid with myself that I’d missed the car had gone above 20 etc., but again it just didn’t make sense, I know I watch it like a hawk… I was getting ready to bring the car out for a test drive….

I’ve now just spotted that the dashcam is recording in KM not miles. Oh dumb dumb me, at least I don’t need to go out, but in case anyone else hasn’t spotted it, I’m letting you know :)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:00 pm
SanPorMGTS wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:36 am I had to pull some footage from the Porsche dashcam recently (with difficulty), but has anyone noticed a potentially discrepancy with the MPH. I by chance noticed that even though I was stationary in the car it showed me doing something like 10 mph- obviously pre and post that the mileage was changing at rates which were not reflective of what I can see I was probably doing, but not always. I can’t figure it out and I tried, but my head couldn’t try work it out any longer :)
Well I’m completely dumb. I went to pull the dash cam footage for the braking issue :) and again going through footage, I couldn’t get my head around why it appeared that I was going above the speed limit, I even looked to be driving slowly on the screen…. I played lots of footage and I was livid with myself that I’d missed the car had gone above 20 etc., but again it just didn’t make sense, I know I watch it like a hawk… I was getting ready to bring the car out for a test drive….

I’ve now just spotted that the dashcam is recording in KM not miles. Oh dumb dumb me, at least I don’t need to go out, but in case anyone else hasn’t spotted it, I’m letting you know :)
We’ve all been there San! 😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0