Porsche Data Package

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
RAA

Post by RAA »

I've also been getting these messages over the last couple of days - how can I stop them appearing ?.

All I need is to continue with my Google Maps Sat-Nav. At the good old age of 73, I'm not interested in anything else: just annoyed that I can't play my CDs in the car !

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

RAA wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:29 pm I've also been getting these messages over the last couple of days - how can I stop them appearing ?.

All I need is to continue with my Google Maps Sat-Nav. At the good old age of 73, I'm not interested in anything else: just annoyed that I can't play my CDs in the car !
It will probably depend upon the year of your Macan.

Also what is fitted re Connect services and what ICE is included ie CD slot, SD card slots, SIM card slot?

The only thing I really use or rather want is the Traffic Updates but that is part of a connect subscription package at £139 a year for my gen 1 Macan, gen 2 & 3 is £159 a year after the free 2 years.
Last edited by Col Lamb on Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

This might be a generational thing but this really isn’t a problem for me. I have my phone with me which has a sizeable data package, I use that to make calls through apple car play and can use voice activation from the steering wheel while driving to stay hands free. I also use it for music through car play. The lack of sim in the car has not been a problem.

As for making the message go away which someone asked there is a checkbox on the message I had which you can click to now show the message(spam) again.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

BanZ wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:46 pm This might be a generational thing but this really isn’t a problem for me. I have my phone with me which has a sizeable data package, I use that to make calls through apple car play and can use voice activation from the steering wheel while driving to stay hands free. I also use it for music through car play. The lack of sim in the car has not been a problem.

As for making the message go away which someone asked there is a checkbox on the message I had which you can click to now show the message(spam) again.
+1 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

I'm so glad you posted this.
I ordered the data package and extension yesterday because
a. I was getting a bit frustrated with trying to download the driver's manual to the car
b. I have no idea about this IT stuff

I thought that the lack of the data package might have been the problem - but it made no difference.
I've cancelled it now and will just wait for the "masterclass" to sort it all out :-)
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Dannyp wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:26 pm I'm so glad you posted this.
a. I was getting a bit frustrated with trying to download the driver's manual to the car

I thought that the lack of the data package might have been the problem - but it made no difference.
I've cancelled it now and will just wait for the "masterclass" to sort it all out :-)
What problems are you having? Someone on here may be able to help.
andreas

Post by andreas »

I find it amazing that Porsche seem to have created such an impenetrably complex system. I had it free to start with on my car, but haven't continued with it on a paid basis as it seems not to be fit for purpose.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

BanZ wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:22 pm
Dannyp wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:26 pm I'm so glad you posted this.

What problems are you having? Someone on here may be able to help.
Thanks Banz
I posted the issue under "Driver's Manual Download" and quickly had a response from Neil which puts my mind at rest somewhat. It seems the manual is likely to be downloaded by the dealer at the "masterclass" - rather than being something I have to download myself? It's a simple and appealing answer as it means that I don't have to do anything myself! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I could be wrong! :shock:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:09 pm This is exactly why I want the SIM card slot in mine so I can use a normal SIM at at reasonable price once the initial one year or two year Porsche new car package (depends upon who you talk to???) ends.

I'm hoping then in theory with its own SIM and number that can be used for calls and also then the SIM could be trackable in the event of it being taken.

A blanking plate as fitted to those cars only fitted with USB slots could cover the SIM slot to hide it???
The removable SIM, if that's what you're thinking of using, is data only. And of course you need a slot to put it in! No doubt Porsche can track the car using the embedded SIM but that's not a service they offer customers.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA