Android interface

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

Quick question, can i play music from my Samsung phone via bluetooth in Macan Gen 3?

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Can’t see any reason why not. I play my iPod via Bluetooth, and that’s only like an iPhone without the tele signal embedded.
Deleted User 4788

ok thanks
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

That's how I play through my 65 plate Q3 so I'm hoping the 22 Macan is able!!!!!!
Deleted User 4788

me too
Nig0151

Post by Nig0151 »

yep. Own a Gen 3 S all the normal Bluetooth features with calls and audio Spotify etc. Its a shame no Android auto as our other family cars have the wireless version and I find it convenient and effortless, phone in the bag no problem, However with the Macan S sometimes the audio connection is not automatic, I have to physically go into the phone and start the process by opening the audio App. My Android phone is approaching 24 months and I have been looking at switching to Apple to make use of the wireless Car Play available in the Macan S. It would make sense since the other cars have the wireless Apple Car Play/Android auto as standard and in addition to functionality, Apps such as Google maps would be accessible.
Deleted User 4788

I would never go back to an iPhone
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

iPhone :shock: I'm only just getting used to being without my BlackBerry :?
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

Has anyone tried the upgrade hack for Android Auto which is discussed on Rennlist forums?
I am seriously considering that, if Android is not obsolete by the time my S arrives. ;)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

GlobalNomad wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:38 am Has anyone tried the upgrade hack for Android Auto which is discussed on Rennlist forums?
I am seriously considering that, if Android is not obsolete by the time my S arrives. ;)

I was seriously tempted, but the wife use an isheep phone so we just use that.
Don't know how Porsche would react warranty claim wise if anything went pear-shaped either.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)