Air Con - Gen 3

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

MacanSman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:56 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:13 pm
MacanSman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:48 pm Update from the OPC - It's a faulty air conditioning pressure sensor that's causing the issue and looks like it should be ready to collect on Saturday.

They did say we have asked for this to be covered under warranty for you!! I said it's 2 months old for crying out loud, and should be under warranty!! :shock: :roll:
You asked someone from Porsche to fix something that broke on a brand new car under warranty?! You mad fool !! its almost like you think they are there to serve you. What were you thinking man ?!!!!
:lol: They did make you feel like they were doing you a favour to fix it!!
well, considering they are doing you a colossal favour selling it to you in the first place….

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

MacanSman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:55 pm
Jon A wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:59 pm
MacanSman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:48 pm Update from the OPC - It's a faulty air conditioning pressure sensor that's causing the issue and looks like it should be ready to collect on Saturday.

They did say we have asked for this to be covered under warranty for you!! I said it's 2 months old for crying out loud, and should be under warranty!! :shock: :roll:
So that have taken six weeks to book in, diagnose and then replace a sensor???
Given that it sounds like it never worked from new, perhaps you should discuss the compensation you are due for a sub standard new car? 🤔
Yes not far off 6 weeks but I was on holiday for 2 of them so booked it in for when we came home. I doubt it has ever worked from new! Do you think it is worth contacting Porsche GB to complain? They have had it for a week tomorrow too. :roll:

Cheers
I would definitely complain!! Should have been perfect and then should/could have been fixed in 24 to 48 hours!
The more we collectively put up with this buls**t service, the more we will get it.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

MacanSman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:55 pm
Jon A wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:59 pm

So that have taken six weeks to book in, diagnose and then replace a sensor???
Given that it sounds like it never worked from new, perhaps you should discuss the compensation you are due for a sub standard new car? 🤔
Yes not far off 6 weeks but I was on holiday for 2 of them so booked it in for when we came home. I doubt it has ever worked from new! Do you think it is worth contacting Porsche GB to complain? They have had it for a week tomorrow too. :roll:

Cheers
I would definitely complain!! Should have been perfect and then should/could have been fixed in 24 to 48 hours!
The more we collectively put up with this buls**t service, the more we will get it.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Shouldn’t have got past the PDI if it was faulty from new. And in any event an absolute no brainier that it’s covered by warranty. Contrary to any warranty any product must be fit for purpose and of merchantable quality. Car manufacturers and software companies seem to conveniently try and forget this.
Macan S MY 2023
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

So finally collected the car today after 8 days sat with the OPC. All sorted now so all good!

Cheers
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

MacanSman wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:49 pm So finally collected the car today after 8 days sat with the OPC. All sorted now so all good!

Cheers
Superb, fingers crossed that's the last time it sees an OPC till its service.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:58 am
MacanSman wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:49 pm So finally collected the car today after 8 days sat with the OPC. All sorted now so all good!

Cheers
Superb, fingers crossed that's the last time it sees an OPC till its service.
I'm hoping so too!

Cheers
mayurvk

Post by mayurvk »

I got my Macan S 2022 in Jan and it’s AC is not working either. Based on what I have heard, this problem is quite omnipresent in 2022 Macan. Also, my brakes have a squeaking sound 7 out of 10 times. And the seat cooling ventilator is so loud that it’s worthless using it. And CarPlay keeps getting disconnected and I cannot play music on one phone but use Maps on the other no matter how many times I have used the Devices settings and dashboard. Overall, massively disappointed with the car so far because of these issues.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

mayurvk wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:38 am I got my Macan S 2022 in Jan and it’s AC is not working either. Based on what I have heard, this problem is quite omnipresent in 2022 Macan. Also, my brakes have a squeaking sound 7 out of 10 times. And the seat cooling ventilator is so loud that it’s worthless using it. And CarPlay keeps getting disconnected and I cannot play music on one phone but use Maps on the other no matter how many times I have used the Devices settings and dashboard. Overall, massively disappointed with the car so far because of these issues.
I feel for you.

I know this doesn’t help you much but I will say I haven’t experienced any of those issue, but have experienced a bunch of others. For mass produced cars that have been in production for almost a decade it is amazing how “flakey” Macans seem to be. I wonder if they have been substituting cheaper parts with the supply chain issues.

What are your next steps? I would suggest emailing Porsche directly but from my experience that doesn’t yield terribly useful results. Perhaps speak to the dealer principal from where you bought the car and show them this issue that you are able to reliably replicate.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I’m really shocked at some of these issues. I’m seriously wondering if I should just stick with my 5 year old Merc that’s never been back to the garage for more than a service.
Macan S MY 2023