Air Con - Gen 3

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

MacanSman wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:41 pm I'd have to disagree - The Macan certainly feels more of a premium car than the Audi, without a doubt. I can't knock the Macan - It's just one of those things that happen when issues arise with them.

Wish more folk had your attitude to faults, it's not like the manufacturer does it deliberately is it. Sometimes i think some owners should sell theirs cause they just don't want to like it no matter what.

Hope yours gets fixed ASAP and you have no further issues. Good luck 👍🏻
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

THHGTTG wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:58 pm
SAC1 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:17 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:34 pm

quite like those. used to own one. Not “thrilling” because it was an oil burner, but definitely the best bolted together car I ever owned. Felt a lot more premium than the Macan, sadly
A6 - with the styling of a Russian doll blancmange and dreadful handling. Hardly premium.
How long did you own yours? BTW, open your bonnet and look under your Macan, quite a lot of bits say Audi on them. Terrible they’re putting such “non-premium” parts on a Porsche isn’t it? 😉
What like Ford components in an Aston Martin.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:53 am
SAC1 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:17 pm

A6 - with the styling of a Russian doll blancmange and dreadful handling. Hardly premium.
How long did you own yours? BTW, open your bonnet and look under your Macan, quite a lot of bits say Audi on them. Terrible they’re putting such “non-premium” parts on a Porsche isn’t it? 😉
Indeed, there were some really cheap and nasty bits. The old ignition key, before they replaced it with the hysterically named “emotional control unit” actually still said Volvo underneath if you peeled the skin off. Aston have always skimped on parts, between going broke periodically. Aston is a fraction of the size of Porsche, let alone VAG, so you kind of expect it.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

THHGTTG wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:25 am
SAC1 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:53 am

Indeed, there were some really cheap and nasty bits. The old ignition key, before they replaced it with the hysterically named “emotional control unit” actually still said Volvo underneath if you peeled the skin off. Aston have always skimped on parts, between going broke periodically. Aston is a fraction of the size of Porsche, let alone VAG, so you kind of expect it.
Naturally VAG components are shared amongst all their brands including Bentley, Lamborghini and Bugatti.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:37 am
MacanSman wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:41 pm I'd have to disagree - The Macan certainly feels more of a premium car than the Audi, without a doubt. I can't knock the Macan - It's just one of those things that happen when issues arise with them.

Wish more folk had your attitude to faults, it's not like the manufacturer does it deliberately is it. Sometimes i think some owners should sell theirs cause they just don't want to like it no matter what.

Hope yours gets fixed ASAP and you have no further issues. Good luck 👍🏻
Thanks Rarecoluor and totally agree with you. Hopefully I will pick it up on Friday and all sorted! These things happen with any manufacture - It is what it is! :D

We love the car and it will be soon back in our garage.

Cheers

Dave
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Update from the OPC - It's a faulty air conditioning pressure sensor that's causing the issue and looks like it should be ready to collect on Saturday.

They did say we have asked for this to be covered under warranty for you!! I said it's 2 months old for crying out loud, and should be under warranty!! :shock: :roll:
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

MacanSman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:48 pm Update from the OPC - It's a faulty air conditioning pressure sensor that's causing the issue and looks like it should be ready to collect on Saturday.

They did say we have asked for this to be covered under warranty for you!! I said it's 2 months old for crying out loud, and should be under warranty!! :shock: :roll:
So that have taken six weeks to book in, diagnose and then replace a sensor???
Given that it sounds like it never worked from new, perhaps you should discuss the compensation you are due for a sub standard new car? 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

MacanSman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:48 pm Update from the OPC - It's a faulty air conditioning pressure sensor that's causing the issue and looks like it should be ready to collect on Saturday.

You asked someone from Porsche to fix something that broke on a brand new car under warranty?! You mad fool !! its almost like you think they are there to serve you. What were you thinking man ?!!!!
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Jon A wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:59 pm

So that have taken six weeks to book in, diagnose and then replace a sensor???
Given that it sounds like it never worked from new, perhaps you should discuss the compensation you are due for a sub standard new car? 🤔
Yes not far off 6 weeks but I was on holiday for 2 of them so booked it in for when we came home. I doubt it has ever worked from new! Do you think it is worth contacting Porsche GB to complain? They have had it for a week tomorrow too. :roll:

Cheers
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

THHGTTG wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:13 pm

You asked someone from Porsche to fix something that broke on a brand new car under warranty?! You mad fool !! its almost like you think they are there to serve you. What were you thinking man ?!!!!
:lol: They did make you feel like they were doing you a favour to fix it!!