Porsche Macan S 2020 outdoor car cover

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Like i say, never had any problems at all with mine over years of ownership.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

THHGTTG wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:39 pm Had an outdoor cover on my Aston for 3 years ( well, took it off occasionally ) and it never caused any issues with the paint. A decent one is designed to let air pass through too, so absolutely wont cause condensation, especially in the car ( something wrong with your car if that happens). If you park under a tree and have to leave your car for a couple of weeks and it gets covered in bird crap, that definitely will cause paint damage.

A good cover wont be cheap though. Get a breathable one with a decent lining that is made specifically for the macan, preferably that has tie straps that pass under the car. I do agree you probably should put it over a dirty/gritty car though
So you even advocate your last sentence (above) too. :oops:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Glad I found this. Does anyone have one they’d recommend?

There doesn’t seem to be one on the Porsche website, but I don’t want to pay £300 or so for it.

There are roadworks coming up and we’ve to move our cars for a week :( My neighbour is letting me use her driveway :) But it occurred to me there could be ‘flying objects’ or dust, so think I should get one temporarily…

I don’t necessarily want to keep it, or should I say invest in it, I don’t see myself using it - except for a rare scenario like this. I don’t have anywhere to store it after :)

Would this do? https://directcarcovers.com/products/po ... gJNbvD_BwE

Glad to have read about cleaning the car first / thanks for the tip!!
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Is the road quite busy or fast then?
Macan S MY 2023
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

I was thinking because the roadworks will be outside the driveway, then I should cover it?

Stonechips? Dust…

The length of road in scope is quite long, so looking for a spot in nearer streets will be hard, and we live one road away from a park which lots travel to etc.. That reduces spaces further…
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:50 pm I was thinking because the roadworks will be outside the driveway, then I should cover it?

Stonechips? Dust…

The length of road in scope is quite long, so looking for a spot in nearer streets will be hard, and we live one road away from a park which lots travel to etc.. That reduces spaces further…
If the traffic moves slowly and your off road it’d probably be fine, but I underdtand where you’re coming from. If the car was to get dusty that should just be rinsed off before attempting to wash it.
Macan S MY 2023
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Thanks Skyway!!

I’ll get this so!

Ah washing :) I thought I’d have it booked for the detailing by now-and was waiting - but I think I’ll have to do an initial wash myself. I’ve a marcher for power hosing the building, so I’m going to double check the attachments to see if they are suitable to wash the car etc..
there’ll be plenty threads here on the 2 bucket method :) don’t want to get products yet as maybe I need specific ones after g technique applied :)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Be very careful if you go the outdoor cover route. Any dirt, grit, even tree leaves that blow in under the cover will act as sandpaper on the Macan's paint!

Also a removed dirty cover is a mare if you do not have somewhere clean and dry to hang it out and get any grit etc off it.

Similarly be careful with the Karcher. Too much water pressure at close range to the paintwork, trim, alloy wheels and lights can cause damage.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:40 pm Be very careful if you go the outdoor cover route. Any dirt, grit, even tree leaves that blow in under the cover will act as sandpaper on the Macan's paint!

Also a removed dirty cover is a mare if you do not have somewhere clean and dry to hang it out and get any grit etc off it.

Similarly be careful with the Karcher. Too much water pressure at close range to the paintwork, trim, alloy wheels and lights can cause damage.
I have somewhere to hang and clean it, so that’s okay!! And thanks re being careful about anything blowing underneath, hopefully for a week only, it will be okay - I won’t want to use it, I’ve seen other cars on the road with them, and either they look silly (Ferrari) or they half hanging on (Porsche)!!

What you mention re the Karcher is what I’m worried about - I know the force it has on the ground - that’s why I’m stumped when I see them used in videos. I thought maybe they were using a ‘lighter touch’ attachment..

Could there be an alternative? Like an attachment to go on a hose - I’ve good water pressure?

The karcher will be a heavy nightmare to bring up from the back garden which is so so longggggggggg……… I’d be pleased if there was another way!!
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Isn't the Karcher on wheels? It's only the "dirt blaster" that's dangerous, that's the round cone like attachment, the jet wash with twist to adjust the pressure won't do any damage. An alternative would be a car park for the week, an airport multistorey would be covered, secure and less than some covers.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP