PCM Failed

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Yesterday the PCM on my three month old gen 3 S switched off whilst driving , screen went blank . A few minutes later it rebooted and was working apart from the Google Earth part of the NAV, this came back after ten minutes. I have booked it in to be checked over. Has anyone else experienced this??

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Jonnyw wrote: ↑Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:29 am Yesterday the PCM on my three month old gen 3 S switched off whilst driving , screen went blank . A few minutes later it rebooted and was working apart from the Google Earth part of the NAV, this came back after ten minutes. I have booked it in to be checked over. Has anyone else experienced this??
Not yet. Slightly worrying question but do you have much issue with mice where you live? Quite a lot of reports recently ( including one of my work colleagues ) of mice nesting under the engine and munching on wiring looms.

Hopefully its something a bit more mundane. Please make sure you let us know the outcome. Good luck 🤞
GTB

Post by GTB »

My E class Mercedes’ system does similar occasionally it’s usually been when
There is an over the air software update and it needs to reboot to install the new software. There is a warning message comes up saying you can suspend reboot until next time car is switched off but issue is message only appears for like ten seconds for you to decide, miss the message and press suspend and reboots when driving. My eyes of course on the road situation so I often
N miss it. Wonder if that’s what happened with your PCM.

GT
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Jonnyw wrote: ↑Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:29 am Yesterday the PCM on my three month old gen 3 S switched off whilst driving , screen went blank . A few minutes later it rebooted and was working apart from the Google Earth part of the NAV, this came back after ten minutes. I have booked it in to be checked over. Has anyone else experienced this??
Yes, it happened to me in about week 3 of ownership. I mentioned it to the OPC but got no explanation or feeling that it was, or indeed wasn't, a common occurrence. Not missed a beat since though.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Mine stopped working immediately after the Dashcam was installed. I was still at the showroom so they managed to fix it but it stopped working again the other day, flickering intermittently. And then it just started working again but I can’t get wireless CarPlay working. They’ve sent me a process to reset the system so will try that in next few days.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
draig

Post by draig »

I got my new Macan S on Tuesday and all worked well with Tracker and My Porsche then drove 35 miles today and the tracker not working, My Porsche can't detect the car even though it knows where I am. Not sure if this is a similar problem though.
Gen III Crayon Macan S 1/3/22
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

I picked up my car on 19/2, worked fine for 2 or 3 days and syncd to the My Porsche. Now the app or the car doesn't communicate with each other.

Last time is syncd was 9 days ago and I only had 80 miles on the clock.

OPC says there been an update on the German server where the car and app communicates but this has not resolved our issues.
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Ordered July 21, Collected February 22
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Ken C wrote: ↑Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:16 pm I picked up my car on 19/2, worked fine for 2 or 3 days and syncd to the My Porsche. Now the app or the car doesn't communicate with each other.

Last time is syncd was 9 days ago and I only had 80 miles on the clock.

OPC says there been an update on the German server where the car and app communicates but this has not resolved our issues.
pretty sure I’ve seen this server update excuse used elsewhere a few months back. I think it may be the go-to excuse when they don’t know the answer. I think you just have to accept that it doesn’t work properly. I posted elsewhere that the Porsche ID widget on my PCM has given up showing my name and the posted response was “if it doesn’t work, remove it”. Shame really but I think we have to accept that Porsche just don’t do tech. The electric Macan should be a hoot if all the tech on it works as well as it does on the ICE macan
draig

Post by draig »

2 days after picking up my new Macan S the My Porsche App stopped working correctly, no data on fuel, mileage etc. 'Navigate to vehicle' not working nor the Alarm/Geo function. I have tried a few things the dealership suggests but no luck yet.

My Volvo XC40 has better functionality, I can open and lock the doors remotely and it hasn't failed in 1.5 years.
Gen III Crayon Macan S 1/3/22
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

draig wrote: ↑Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:53 am 2 days after picking up my new Macan S the My Porsche App stopped working correctly, no data on fuel, mileage etc. 'Navigate to vehicle' not working nor the Alarm/Geo function. I have tried a few things the dealership suggests but no luck yet.

My Volvo XC40 has better functionality, I can open and lock the doors remotely and it hasn't failed in 1.5 years.
Same happened to mine. The OPC checked with Vodafone and were told a hard reboot was required followed by a software update. Did this and now working.
However, the My Porsche app is rubbish - I paid for remote services but there are no remote services available for the Macan via the My Porsche app! The old Vodafone app was clunky, but at least had some remote services that worked!
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21