Live Traffic Info on PCM Navigation Map Not Showing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

I was seeing the live traffic info for about a week after I collected my car and then it all of a sudden stopped working. I've tried a couple of things but so far haven't been able to get it to work. I'm going to try a couple of things later which were mentioned on another post and I will report back here if it helps.

If the car has to go back to the OPC I guess it could be possible that rather than upgrading the software they are rolling it back to a previous version. It will be interesting to see the version number differences between a system that has the issue and a system that has been looked at by the tech department.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I had this email reply on 25 July:

Screenshot_20220726-105728_Email.jpg

Last edited by SAC1 on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I picked my car up in April and it has never worked. Been into OPC and all they say is look into it and get back to me “tomorrow” but they never do.
I sent a very strong email this morning demanding action and timelines - just got in the car and the globe/car are visible for the first time along with live traffic!!
May have to eat humble pie on the earlier mail now… 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:03 am I picked my car up in April and it has never worked. Been into OPC and all they say is look into it and get back to me “tomorrow” but they never do.
I sent a very strong email this morning demanding action and timelines - just got in the car and the globe/car are visible for the first time along with live traffic!!
I hate it when that happens 🤣
Nella

Post by Nella »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:03 am I picked my car up in April and it has never worked. Been into OPC and all they say is look into it and get back to me “tomorrow” but they never do.
I’ll check my car tomorrow when I get home. I will be so happy if it just spontaneously appears and saves me another couple of trecks to the OPC
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

No globe or car for me still!
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I had a further email today @ 17:37...see below....!!

I refer to my previous email and advise that I have received an update from our Technical Team with regards to the issues that you are currently experiencing with the Real Time Traffic Information in your Porsche Macan.

Please can you answer the below questions and provide images/screenshots where required.

Is privacy mode switched off/inactive in the settings within your vehicle PCM? Please provide an image.

Please also check privacy mode for each individual within your vehicle PCM. Please provide an image

After checking the privacy settings, we would kindly ask you to switch on/off the privacy mode.
      In your vehicle PCM, Set -> Porsche Connect ->Private mode -> Please make sure that this checkbox is set first.

Please check the time set in the vehicle matches the local time. Please provide an image.

Check under Settings, Porsche Connect --> if traffic online license is shown (with valid service period). Please provide an image.
      In your vehicle PCM, Set -> Porsche Connect -> Service Overview -> check valid time period (Service: Real-Time Traffic Info & Online Map Update)

Please check if checkbox is set under "navigation settings" in the vehicle PCM display.  Please provide an image.

You can find this option by clicking on the tiny "three bars" button within map. Please proceed by clicking on the option "Online nav. serv. + product improv.". Please make sure to check all checkboxes.

In case single services are deactivated, please check your vehicle PCM to make sure to reactivate them again. Please provide an image.
     In your vehicle PCM - Set -> Porsche Connect ->Private mode for selected services -> Please deactivate privacy for all servicesIn case the issue still occurs, please provide additional information so that further analysis can be initiated. If required.

Please provide the online maps software version. Please provide an image of the below 3 systems.

In your vehicle PCM -  click "Set" --> "System" --> "version number",

SW Version: Set -> System -> SW-Update -> Version Information -> check Version SoftwareNavigation Version: Set -> System -> SW-Update -> Version Information -> check Navigation database VersionMap Version: Set -> System -> SW-Update -> Version Information -> Navigation database Version -> check MAP Versions

Are all other connect services working as expected in your vehicle PCM display? i.e News, Weather etc. Please provide an image.

Did your real time traffic information work before you reported this to us here?

Once you have provided the information requested, I will update the technical ticket to request our experts continue to investigate.

I will contact you again as soon as I receive a further update resolution.

Best regards

Mandy Audoire

Personal Case Manager

Porsche Customer Interaction Centre

On behalf of Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited
Steve

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Blimey Steve, have you got half a day to spare?! 😶
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

I had the same email as Steve about a fortnight ago. It looks a lot but with a phone camera took about 10 minutes, Set pics up in google album and sent back the link which they sent to Germany. A day later my live traffic returned and has since worked fine. Not heard anything from Germany.

I think on my car the issue was with their server connection rather than my car's software.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:48 pm Blimey Steve, have you got half a day to spare?! 😶
Exactly.

It was working perfectly. So why do I have to go through all this rigmarole!

I bought a Porsche, not a Proton. It's still under the new car warranty. So why do I need to be the unpaid technician!!

Ironically my Live Traffic mapping already returned on its own, with me doing nothing, on Monday. So all good @#*@!
Steve