Live Traffic Info on PCM Navigation Map Not Showing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

Received a 204 mgb map download today

DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:03 am I picked my car up in April and it has never worked. Been into OPC and all they say is look into it and get back to me “tomorrow” but they never do.
I sent a very strong email this morning demanding action and timelines - just got in the car and the globe/car are visible for the first time along with live traffic!!
May have to eat humble pie on the earlier mail now… 😳
Collected my "S" in April as well. The problem was there from day 1 and thanks to the forum posts I've been able to get my OPC to work the issue. The solution was confirmed as out last week - again thanks to posts here - and my car booked in for this morning. I collected it this afternoon and all looks to be working now; in fact as I pulled out of the dealership it showed slow traffic ahead and a 3 minute delay.
I will be keeping an eye on it for the next few weeks, but as of now it's HAPPY DAYS :D :D :D
pmg

Post by pmg »

On my Gen2 car, having reported last week that the real time traffic service had returned, I received an email this am from Porsche Connect Support Uk saying Germany now belived the service had been restored and could I confirm so which I have done.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

DiverNick wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:38 pm Collected my "S" in April as well. The problem was there from day 1 and thanks to the forum posts I've been able to get my OPC to work the issue. The solution was confirmed as out last week - again thanks to posts here - and my car booked in for this morning. I collected it this afternoon and all looks to be working now; in fact as I pulled out of the dealership it showed slow traffic ahead and a 3 minute delay.
I will be keeping an eye on it for the next few weeks, but as of now it's HAPPY DAYS :D :D :D
That's great to hear Nick. My car is booked in for a week tomorrow to get this fixed. OPC didn't know how long it would take, so it's also good to know yours was done same day. Thanks for the update
Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGPN66
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

petew0557 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:14 pm Received a 204 mgb map download today
Me too - here's the numbers if anyone wants to see if they're up to date.

IMG_20220726_084016.jpg

Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

DiverNick wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:38 pm
Jon A wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:03 am I picked my car up in April and it has never worked. Been into OPC and all they say is look into it and get back to me “tomorrow” but they never do.
I sent a very strong email this morning demanding action and timelines - just got in the car and the globe/car are visible for the first time along with live traffic!!
May have to eat humble pie on the earlier mail now… 😳
Collected my "S" in April as well. The problem was there from day 1 and thanks to the forum posts I've been able to get my OPC to work the issue. The solution was confirmed as out last week - again thanks to posts here - and my car booked in for this morning. I collected it this afternoon and all looks to be working now; in fact as I pulled out of the dealership it showed slow traffic ahead and a 3 minute delay.
Please can you post a photo of the software version page so we can see the difference between a car that has and hasn’t had this fixed by the OPC? Will be interesting to see if there are any differences in software versions.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Sniperob wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:08 am
Please can you post a photo of the software version page so we can see the difference between a car that has and hasn’t had this fixed by the OPC? Will be interesting to see if there are any differences in software versions.
+1
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
GTB

Post by GTB »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:21 pm
petew0557 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:14 pm Received a 204 mgb map download today
Me too - here's the numbers if anyone wants to see if they're up to date.

IMG_20220726_084016.jpg

Here is pic of my software versions etc:

20220729_170829.jpg

I called Connect support today and indicated no realtime traffic since car collection on the 4th July. Connect agent said its well known and an issue for majority of new Macan's and Germany dealing with it, she said she would raise a ticket with them, confirmed all my details and also asked if I can access the apps, i.e weather and news etc as that would need to be added to the ticket and makes a diffrence to what happens, anyway those apps working ok just no realtime traffic, she indicated once Germany confirms my car is one of the ones affected it will be a trip to OPC for a fix!

Anyway thought I would just keep this thread running, but surely if its a known problem and they know what cars arent cutting the musturd why not just recall them? when it suits a driver to go in, unless they try something over the air first rather than an OPC visit.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

^^^ presumably because they’ll hope some people wont notice, so that saves money. Lots of people buy Porsche’s and hardly ever drive them so may not notice realtime traffic isn’t working.

Plus, of course, a recall is an admission of liability. Also its not a safety issue
GTB

Post by GTB »

THHGTTG wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:37 pm ^^^ presumably because they’ll hope some people wont notice, so that saves money. Lots of people buy Porsche’s and hardly ever drive them so may not notice realtime traffic isn’t working.

Plus, of course, a recall is an admission of liability. Also its not a safety issue
THHGTTG,

To me the car is for driving, my car is now just 25 days old and already has 2873 miles on it and Im enjoying the driving so far as I go about the country, so Essex, Surrey, Manchester, Sheffield and Northumbria all been destinations, I had somebody in I believe a Crayon coloured 71 plate Macan pass me on the M18 near Jnc 1 Southbound last Sunday evening and gave a friendly wave :D :D

I agree recall is an admission of liability, but it is a safety issue for me, as my bloody blood pressure and temper goes up that much when I come across slow traffic and roads closed I didnt know about, especially overnight works.

Anyway hope it all gets sorted soon, and if it was another forum member that passed me on the M18 last Sunday evening I very much appreaciated the kind gesture.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0