Live Traffic Info on PCM Navigation Map Not Showing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
New User

Post by New User »

I have also sent in a query on this and been asked to email screenshots showing it not working.

I just had the car connect activated over the weekend at the dealer and this has given me a one year free subscription to remote services. So now everything on the car is working as it should except traffic. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with the config so I will wait to see what Porsche GB say.

Out of interest here is a screenshot of my PCM hardware and software config so perhaps someone who has a working version in a MY22 can compare it.

D9FD6263-6255-4D14-B2C6-5096AE1D35BE.jpeg

PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

I have had my GEN 3 Macan S since April and still without live traffic. I have done all the usual picture taking, box-checking, etc that Porsche GB asked for however still no success, I had my car in yesterday and am now informed update is due end of June but not holding out much hope.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PBT147 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:38 pm I have had my GEN 3 Macan S since April and still without live traffic. I have done all the usual picture taking, box-checking, etc that Porsche GB asked for however still no success, I had my car in yesterday and am now informed update is due end of June but not holding out much hope.
I too have no live traffic since new in April. I use CarPlay for my nav so no big deal, but I wonder if there will be compensation due? It may be “free” but it has been paid for within the purchase price…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Jon A wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:02 pm
PBT147 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:38 pm I have had my GEN 3 Macan S since April and still without live traffic. I have done all the usual picture taking, box-checking, etc that Porsche GB asked for however still no success, I had my car in yesterday and am now informed update is due end of June but not holding out much hope.
I too have no live traffic since new in April. I use CarPlay for my nav so no big deal, but I wonder if there will be compensation due? It may be “free” but it has been paid for within the purchase price…
i would argue those with this issue should be asking for an extension to the free period
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Nella

Post by Nella »

New User wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:43 am I have also sent in a query on this and been asked to email screenshots showing it not working.

I just had the car connect activated over the weekend at the dealer and this has given me a one year free subscription to remote services. So now everything on the car is working as it should except traffic. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with the config so I will wait to see what Porsche GB say.

Out of interest here is a screenshot of my PCM hardware and software config so perhaps someone who has a working version in a MY22 can compare it.
D9FD6263-6255-4D14-B2C6-5096AE1D35BE.jpeg
As myself and Corneyboy have previously mentioned this is an issue known to Porsche and they have opened a complaint/ticket/whatever they want to call it.

What really is of concern is that this know. Issue was not checked on the PDI so they could have told owners of cars affected.

Porsche GN told me it was a licensing issue.

They seemed to thing it could be fixed by an over the air update whilst the OPC maintained the car would have to go in so basically no one’s knows!!!

It is not ‘free’ as it’s a service we all paid for and is well advertised by Porsche as being a feature of the car!!!!!

I have had to by an iPhone to get update and that only show on a map half the size of the PCM with very small tabs to use compared to the large PCM ones located conveniently close to the steering wheel that are of no use at all at the moment!!!
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Is it really THAT much of an issue? Yes, my on screen yellow/red highlights work, but are only of passing interest, if the hold ups are significant the Nav will reroute (presumably only if Dynamic routing is activated) and forecast delays that don't justify rerouting are advised as messages to be opened and read..... or have I misunderstood and these two features have also been kiboshed?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Neil1911 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:09 am Is it really THAT much of an issue? Yes, my on screen yellow/red highlights work, but are only of passing interest, if the hold ups are significant the Nav will reroute (presumably only if Dynamic routing is activated) and forecast delays that don't justify rerouting are advised as messages to be opened and read..... or have I misunderstood and these two features have also been kiboshed?
I think without live traffic, it doesn’t know to re route and so just guides you ever deeper into it… 😳
GTB

Post by GTB »

I know its a diffrent system, and comparing a brick with a horse, but in my four Mercs over twelve years any time (Only twice in that time frame) that Live traffic wasnt working and thats easy to see on the screen as bottom right hand corner normally always has the words in bold text " Live Traffic". The rerouting feature would not work, directions just take you into the traffic issue despite map image showing green, amber or the red on the route.

So although not a Porsche owner yet (Been told my car arrived at Emden last Monday waiting on ship to Grimsby) would imagine most of these inbuilt sat nav systems operate in a similar fashion.

As a newbie on this forum while I wait on my first Porsche, the comments about the Porsche Macan Info system/software are rather negative compared to all the other items on the car.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

GTB wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:44 am I know its a diffrent system, and comparing a brick with a horse, but in my four Mercs over twelve years any time (Only twice in that time frame) that Live traffic wasnt working and thats easy to see on the screen as bottom right hand corner normally always has the words in bold text " Live Traffic". The rerouting feature would not work, directions just take you into the traffic issue despite map image showing green, amber or the red on the route.

So although not a Porsche owner yet (Been told my car arrived at Emden last Monday waiting on ship to Grimsby) would imagine most of these inbuilt sat nav systems operate in a similar fashion.

As a newbie on this forum while I wait on my first Porsche, the comments about the Porsche Macan Info system/software are rather negative compared to all the other items on the car.

GTB
Have had mine a couple of months now. No live traffic and no working App info.
Now, I am an Apple user and never stray beyond CarPlay for Google/Waze and Spotify and phone so none of this matters one jot to me 😂
I can see why non Apple users would be compromised though and that is definitely a huge fail for the Porsche tech.
On the plus side, the wireless works well and the screen is super clear etc 👍
Nella

Post by Nella »

Neil1911 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:09 am Is it really THAT much of an issue? Yes, my on screen yellow/red highlights work, but are only of passing interest, if the hold ups are significant the Nav will reroute (presumably only if Dynamic routing is activated) and forecast delays that don't justify rerouting are advised as messages to be opened and read..... or have I misunderstood and these two features have also been kiboshed?
Neil, it doesn’t do anything other than show you the shortest route to a location that doesn’t consider any traffic conditions.

It will show the most direct route as if there was no other vehicle on the road. If you the try the same route on Google or Waze on your phone it will be different as they get live traffic updates.

My PCM also shows some bizarre journey times. An hour trip to Camberley is always shown as taking 21 minutes on the PCM?!?!?

I’d love to try that trip in 21 minutes but would probably get nicked!!!!!