Live Traffic Info on PCM Navigation Map Not Showing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

Hi All
I took delivery of a new Gen 3 S last week. When driving back from the OPC to home I hit a traffic jam, but there was nothing showing on the PCM map (I previously had a Gen 1 SD and that showed blue triangles/arrows when there was a queue). Reading the My Porsche website, if you have Navigation Plus (which I do and is enabled) different colours should show indicating any queues on the road and their severity. My wife has a new’ish Audi A1 and yesterday her Nav system was showing red on a nearby road, but when I started my Macan it was showing nothing!
I have been through all the Navigation options in the PCM and can see no option to show traffic queues (live updates is ticked). My OPC also seem to be at a loss! Has anyone else suffered this, or knows how to resolve?
Many thanks
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21

Deleted User 4967

Post by Deleted User 4967 »

I can't find anything either about traffic on the PCM and the PCM seems to messing with my phone when I get in the car as I lose my phone signal completely unlit I restart the phone???
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Yeh we’ve had the same. Picked up Macan S last Wednesday and noticed no traffic showing on the map. When a route is put in the nav, traffic notices appear but nothing visually!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Will your OPC be sorting this out tho?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4967

I'll speak to them tomorrow. I am not filling out the customer satisfaction survey until everything is ironed out
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Corneyboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:56 pm Hi All
I took delivery of a new Gen 3 S last week. When driving back from the OPC to home I hit a traffic jam, but there was nothing showing on the PCM map (I previously had a Gen 1 SD and that showed blue triangles/arrows when there was a queue). Reading the My Porsche website, if you have Navigation Plus (which I do and is enabled) different colours should show indicating any queues on the road and their severity. My wife has a new’ish Audi A1 and yesterday her Nav system was showing red on a nearby road, but when I started my Macan it was showing nothing!
I have been through all the Navigation options in the PCM and can see no option to show traffic queues (live updates is ticked). My OPC also seem to be at a loss! Has anyone else suffered this, or knows how to resolve?
Many thanks
The SE’s and OPC’s are surprisingly uneducated on the cars they sell. My SE spent 20 mins trying to find the speed limiter on mine on collection day and then chased Porsche UK for a week to find out why it wasn’t there until I eventually found out ( through the manual and another forum ) that speccing ACC removes the speed limiter option, which is insane. Other cars I have owned come with both.

Sadly you will discover that Porsche seem to be absolutely terrible at anything to do with technology. Lots of posts here and elsewhere but other members tend to get a little testy when it gets mentioned so you may want to have a look on the US Macan forum.
Deleted User 4967

Has anyone else been onto the My Porsche web page and looked at the 'Video Instructions/tutorials'?

I have just looked at 'Device Manager', 'Navigation', PCM, 'Phone', 'Porsche Connect' and' Voice Control' and each have exactly the same short video telling you how to connect your phone to the car and nothing at all about what they are actually titled?????

Am I missing something?

:shock:
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

THHGTTG wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:57 pm
The SE’s and OPC’s are surprisingly uneducated on the cars they sell. My SE spent 20 mins trying to find the speed limiter on mine on collection day and then chased Porsche UK for a week to find out why it wasn’t there until I eventually found out ( through the manual and another forum ) that speccing ACC removes the speed limiter option, which is insane. Other cars I have owned come with both.
Please don't explain it but I can't think why a speed limiter would be useful! There are two speed warnings that you can set to irritate you when exceeding them, see if they're any help :)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:05 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:57 pm
Please don't explain it but I can't think why a speed limiter would be useful! There are two speed warnings that you can set to irritate you when exceeding them, see if they're any help :)
I have the upper one set to 75mph to let me know when I’m getting into points territory on the motorway but the lower limit one is just irritating because you’re always going to go over 30 at some point, so have that one turned off
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I generally set the ACC to 77 and it'll only go faster if I push the pedal, no limiter, no problem. :)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP