Used GTS or Turbo

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Siy

Post by Siy »

Hi all,
Newbie here.... but not new to the Marque having owned 911s, Boxster Spyder, Panamera and currently an '82 Targa....

Am thinking of moving from a BMW X5M into something a little smaller - so the Macan is the likely choice. Probably looking at a 2016/17 (maybe 18) car... Ideally sub 25/30k miles and up to about £50k

Panoramic Roof, Chrono essential

Seems to me that at this part of the market, there is not an awful lot of price difference between a GTS and a Turbo, which I find surprising (particularly given the difference with other Porsche models)

Am I missing something - is the GTS in fact as desirable as the Turbo? Think the turbo is the quicker car - but that is not always the most important thing. do you get more options as standard with the GTS or something?

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

The Turbo came better equipped as standard compared to a GTS.

Larger wheels and PASM were standard to both with the GTS have basic 8 way sports seats and the usual GTS bling, the prime difference is that it has a lowered suspension as standard. The Turbo came with 14 or 18 way seats at no cost options.

GTS had 3 litre V6 with 360 ponies where the Turbo had a 3.6 litre V6 with 400, but a Turbo PP was available with the same suspension as a GTS but with a 3.6 V6 tuned to 440.

Vast price difference reflects the £3,000 to £30,0000 price range of the included options that many chose to include or otherwise.

There has been the tendency with the GTS to keep options to the low end of the scale.

I have had a Turbo since Sept 2016 and if you see my signature you see the main options that I included, non of which I regret buying perhaps except the Connect+ as I rarely use online services.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I bought my GTS 3 months ago with 25k miles and a single owner for £49k. It is loaded with options and the best colour. It’s had to have engine work due to an oil leak, and a new battery, but otherwise it is fantastic.
Be weary of buying without warranty or come backs as the GTS and Turbo both suffer with timing chain engine oil leaks.

Here’s mine

compressed carmine.jpg

June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Siy

Post by Siy »

very helpful chaps - thanks for the input...
h9snn

Post by h9snn »

Hi Siy, I'm currently selling my GTS if you want to check out my post, viewtopic.php?t=12048
2018 - Macan GTS
2019 - 3.0 Range Rover Sport
2016 - 4.4 V8 Range Rover Sport
2017 - BMW G30 530 M Sport
2014 - BMW F10 530 M Sport
The list goes on ..... 8-)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The GTS did not join the family until 2016 but the demand was such that wait times went through the roof and they were few and far between. I think it was late in 2016 before numbers delivered started to rise.

As you are probably aware the GTS is the most desirable variant in any Porsche model due to its sweet spot handling and the unique bling applied to the car as standard. With the early GTS the colour to have was the variant exclusive Carmine Red and standard were 20” wheels with 21” Classics (as Kleynie’s image) probably being the most popular choice.

The power delivery between the GTS and Turbo is different with the GTS being more suited to the spirited driving style.

So take your pick, either will give you a great car.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags