Gen 3 live traffic updates

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Several Connect services/information aren't showing on my Android phone, eg. Fuel-mileage estimate, Location of car (shows details of where the car was yesterday!!). It's odd as Total mileage, Service/Oil change details are showing and are accurate. Any ideas, anyone? 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4

Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

Had a phone call from Porsche UK today. By all accounts there was meant to be a global update last week that would restore live traffic updates, but it appears it was never released and the UK heard nothing from the developers in Germany! They have been told there may be an update at the end of next week and they will ring me when they know if it will be happening. I will update when I hear more.
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21
Nella

Post by Nella »

Shaggyspoof wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:51 am I have the same issue with my Gen2. Dealership did not help and even suggest to have module check. after 5 months trying to figure out, I finally got it to work. I don't have an Iphone so I wanted this to work.

On the last pic. After you check the box (Product Improvement). It will asked you to confirm. Hit confirm and it will refresh. Go to your Nav screen and you will see layout has changed. I put a destination where there is heavy traffic at that time. Every possible route came up and showed traffic. You will see on the last pic the yellow icon for traffic (top right on 2nd pic).

Note: I've unchecked product improvement again and Real-time traffic still works for me.
I have yet to go for a long drive to test this. If I have an iphone I will try carplay and try to use waze.

Hope this help with your Gen3.
Hi, thanks for the post. My car won’t even let me tick the product improvement box. It just post ‘Login failed’ on the top part of the screen if I try.

Hopefully this update may occur next week.

I won’t let this lie!!!!!

Lol
Nella

Post by Nella »

Corneyboy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:53 pm Had a phone call from Porsche UK today. By all accounts there was meant to be a global update last week that would restore live traffic updates, but it appears it was never released and the UK heard nothing from the developers in Germany! They have been told there may be an update at the end of next week and they will ring me when they know if it will be happening. I will update when I hear more.
Thanks Corneyboy
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Nella wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:30 pm I won’t let this lie!!!!!
:lol:
Good man, don't, get it damn well sorted before my Gen3 turns up ...... no need to rush then sadly!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Nella

Post by Nella »

Just to reassure folk, other than the sat nav debacle the car is absolutely perfect. Beautiful finish, epic to drive. Smiles every day and I have never owned a car that gets so many glances. Promise a full update soon.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

That's why we put ourselves through the torture!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Live traffic congestion showing on my Gen2

20220415_105619.jpg

Had rerouted to avoid a much bigger snarl up.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Nella

Post by Nella »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:30 pm Live traffic congestion showing on my Gen2

20220415_105619.jpg

Had rerouted to avoid a much bigger snarl up.
Thanks for posting Steve. All I get on mine is the blue line with no traffic info.
No one at the OPC can workout why mine doesn’t show the traffic???? I’m set up on their system s and in my Porsche???

I would love to hear any suggestions to fix it?
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Has in not been mentioned on here that there is a software update due out soon for the Macan III due to this?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)