Gen 3 live traffic updates

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Nella

Post by Nella »

Hi Folks,

I'm back!!!

I will follow up with updates on the car and some pics over the next couple of days but in the meantime has anyone with Gen 3 managed to get live traffic updates on the PCM????

I can enter the destination perfectly well but the Traffic icon shows 'No Traffic Notice on route' regardless of whether there is traffic or not and there is only the route shown in blue.

The OPCs don't seem to have a clue and just suggest using Carplay/Waze/Google maps. Which seems pretty p!$$ poor for a very expensive yet otherwise absolutely sublime car.

Pics and a comprehensive description of how anyone did it would be most appreciated.

Regards

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

You're back?

Richard I'm guessing? This your 3rd username now?

Pretty sure someone mentioned this issue not long ago, not sure what the outcome was.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

No luck still our side still. OPC said to book it in to be looked at.
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

Nella wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:18 pm Hi Folks,

I'm back!!!

I will follow up with updates on the car and some pics over the next couple of days but in the meantime has anyone with Gen 3 managed to get live traffic updates on the PCM????

I can enter the destination perfectly well but the Traffic icon shows 'No Traffic Notice on route' regardless of whether there is traffic or not and there is only the route shown in blue.

The OPCs don't seem to have a clue and just suggest using Carplay/Waze/Google maps. Which seems pretty p!$$ poor for a very expensive yet otherwise absolutely sublime car.

Pics and a comprehensive description of how anyone did it would be most appreciated.

Regards
It's a software problem that has been reported to Porsche UK and escalated to Germany. By all accounts software engineers working on it and a fix will come out in due course - but when, I've no idea!
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21
Nella

Post by Nella »

Thank you. I was worried it was something I was missing.
Autonut

Post by Autonut »

Also have no live traffic updates was waiting for masterclass to raise the subject also going to ask the question of getting Waze on full screen when using apple CarPlay
Porsche code PN5AP3B3 sold awaiting new macan Q1 2023
Nella

Post by Nella »

I have been told that you can’t get full screen for Waze or Google maps.
I had to buy an iPhone in order to get traffic information and will be speaking to the OPC tomorrow regarding the cost as Porsche sold me a card with ……,,

Infotainment.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with high-resolution 10.9-inch touchscreen display is the control centre for your vehicle. Thanks to route calculation with up-to-date online maps and Real-time Traffic Information, you will arrive at your destination even faster. With wireless Apple CarPlay, you can easily use various apps during your journey. With the help of the Porsche Connect app, you can synchronise destinations and calendar entries and use media streaming services such as Amazon Music. Using the remote services of the Porsche Car Connect app, you can control certain vehicle functions of your Macan.

And clearly it doesn’t have any real-time traffic information?
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Is Apple Car play via Bluetooth or do you have to plug the phone in using a cable?
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:44 pm Is Apple Car play via Bluetooth or do you have to plug the phone in using a cable?
It’s wireless. No cable required.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Shaggyspoof

Post by Shaggyspoof »

I have the same issue with my Gen2. Dealership did not help and even suggest to have module check. after 5 months trying to figure out, I finally got it to work. I don't have an Iphone so I wanted this to work.

On the last pic. After you check the box (Product Improvement). It will asked you to confirm. Hit confirm and it will refresh. Go to your Nav screen and you will see layout has changed. I put a destination where there is heavy traffic at that time. Every possible route came up and showed traffic. You will see on the last pic the yellow icon for traffic (top right on 2nd pic).

Note: I've unchecked product improvement again and Real-time traffic still works for me.
I have yet to go for a long drive to test this. If I have an iphone I will try carplay and try to use waze.

Hope this help with your Gen3.

Thumb_PCM_1a.jpg

ThumbPCM_2_LI.jpg