Gen 3 live traffic updates

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

Rarecolour wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:33 pm Has in not been mentioned on here that there is a software update due out soon for the Macan III due to this?
You are correct Rarecolour - still waiting for confirmation but early indication at the beginning of the week was that it would be happening at the end of next week
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Corneyboy wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:47 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:33 pm Has in not been mentioned on here that there is a software update due out soon for the Macan III due to this?
You are correct Rarecolour - still waiting for confirmation but early indication at the beginning of the week was that it would be happening at the end of next week
Just checked, yeah you said it in this thread just this week 👍🏻
State of Police these days, don't pay attention to what's been said to them, hey Nella ;)
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Nella

Post by Nella »

Fingers crossed for the update. Whoever is the first to hear please post.

Otherwise mine is booked in to OPC for 2 days for investigation which seems ridiculously OTT. Hopefully it won’t need to go.
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

Hi Nella
Just got the following update from Porsche UK regarding the ticket I raised in respect of real-time traffic updates not working and not showing coloured lines in the PCM:

"I wanted to provide you with a further update on the ticket we had raised with our Smart Mobility team in Germany.
I can fully understand your frustration in relation to on going issues with the real time traffic function. I had raised this with our smart mobility team in Germany, but the issue has affected several users.
Unfortunately, there had been a further delay in getting the issue resolved and we are expecting to hear from the team in Germany within the next couple of weeks. This is not what you would expect from the Porsche brand and please be rest assured that the team are working on a permanent fix.
As advised previously, we will be looking to provide goodwill once the issue has been resolved to recognise your experience and the time you have been without the service.
I will be providing further updates as soon as I hear back further from our Smart Mobility team."

I'll update on here again when I hear more.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Thank you so much for that. I shall be informing my OPC!!!!!
Nella

Post by Nella »

Thank you so much for that.

Do you think you’ll be having to send the car in or might it be an over the air update.

I shall be informing my OPC of the refines you received!!!!!
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

I don't know, but the guy at Porsche UK said it would probably be an 'over the air' update pushed out by Porsche - but let's wait and see! Will also be interesting to see what the "goodwill" turns out to be!
Nella

Post by Nella »

My OPC have now 'escalated' the matter!!! I'll post any news as well.

Many thanks again.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Corneyboy

Just spoken to a friends son who is an OPC tech who asked if the data pack had been activated. He felt it might be that???
Mine isn’t is yours?
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

Nella wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:39 pm Corneyboy

Just spoken to a friends son who is an OPC tech who asked if the data pack had been activated. He felt it might be that???
Mine isn’t is yours?
Must be honest and say I don't know. I will ask my OPC tomorrow and let you know. However, as you saw from my reply from Porsche UK, a number of customers have reported the same problem and they are trying to produce a fix - but anything is worth a try!