Gen 3 live traffic updates

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Nella wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:39 pm Corneyboy

Just spoken to a friends son who is an OPC tech who asked if the data pack had been activated. He felt it might be that???
Mine isn’t is yours?
Can't see how it could be that. If Navigation Services has been activated, which it should have been at or before collection, then all the data for navigation, online searches and updates, and live traffic information should be functioning. If by 'data pack' the tech is referring to on-board wifi and streaming, this is independent of nav services. You can see which services are active or not by logging in to My Porsche. Unless something has changed recently, new cars should have all the 'Connect' services active for at least the first year.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Nella

Post by Nella »

Right, here is the latest from my OPC. Porsche Germany say it is a licensing issue that they are trying to resolve. It is affecting a number of other cars but it will require the car to go in. Once they have a fix from Germany my OPC will collect my car.
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

Nella wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:09 pm Right, here is the latest from my OPC. Porsche Germany say it is a licensing issue that they are trying to resolve. It is affecting a number of other cars but it will require the car to go in. Once they have a fix from Germany my OPC will collect my car.
Interesting - thanks Nella
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

Corneyboy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:56 pm Hi Nella
Just got the following update from Porsche UK regarding the ticket I raised in respect of real-time traffic updates not working and not showing coloured lines in the PCM:

"I wanted to provide you with a further update on the ticket we had raised with our Smart Mobility team in Germany.
I can fully understand your frustration in relation to on going issues with the real time traffic function. I had raised this with our smart mobility team in Germany, but the issue has affected several users.
Unfortunately, there had been a further delay in getting the issue resolved and we are expecting to hear from the team in Germany within the next couple of weeks. This is not what you would expect from the Porsche brand and please be rest assured that the team are working on a permanent fix.
As advised previously, we will be looking to provide goodwill once the issue has been resolved to recognise your experience and the time you have been without the service.
I will be providing further updates as soon as I hear back further from our Smart Mobility team."

I'll update on here again when I hear more.

Really looking forward to hearing how you get on. I collected my new "S" just 10 days ago and have done of couple of trips with no "real time traffic" showing on the map.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNWD4LI4
Previous 2019 Gen. 2 Macan S
Nella

Post by Nella »

My phone syncs perfectly and I can use apple maps, Waze and Google map on the PCM abut the map is only half the size of the PCM map.
Would be great if there was a way of expanding those maps to full size.
SteveLynn

Post by SteveLynn »

About a month ago, I also suddenly lost all real time traffic information on my 70 reg Macan S. I've raised this with Porsche GB, who then referred it to Germany. They've come back with a list of things to try and images to send them, but buried within all that was what looks like the fix for me at least:

"Please check if checkbox is set under "navigation settings" in the vehicle PCM display. Please provide an image.
You can find this option by clicking on the tiny "three bars" button within map. Please proceed by clicking on the option "Online nav. serv. + product improv.". Please make sure to check all checkboxes."

The first of those check boxes is "online navigation and product imp." which I have now checked. I seem to have regained live traffic information.

I am not aware of having deselected this previously, so either that happened in a software update or it's my "digital" problem. Hope this is helpful
Nella

Post by Nella »

Hi Steve,

Mine are ticked. That is one of the many many things myself and the various OPC staff have gone over without success.

I’m still waiting for some form of update from OPC.

:-(
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

I've been exchanging emails regarding my live traffic updates not working with a Porsche GB who in turn update me with things to do via Porsche Germany. The lasted email was received yesterday asked me to deactivate privacy for all services in the PCM, I did this and it still didn't fix the issue.

This morning I did a factory re-set and reconnected my phone etc but also selected the option of connection for data via my bluetooth device (phone) and removed my sim card altogether. Re entered the pairing code and Porsche connect details.......wasn't holding out much hope but it worked. My live traffic updates are back and the small globe symbol with the car is also back on the top of the PCM screen. I've done a few short trips this morning and it worked without fault every time.

Not sure if this is useful for anyone else with the same issue.....
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

I have had intermittent problems with the satnav system not showing live traffic and sometimes switching off for a minute and then restarting. The car was booked at the end of the month for the OPC to check out the PCM. 10 days ago i noticed that an update for the SatNav was available , this took about 15 minutes to download and after that everything is working as it should. The update may have been available before but it is not that obvious on the PCM. The OPC did not seem to know about the update when i called to cancel the appointment.
Nella

Post by Nella »

MacanPNeil wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:42 am I've been exchanging emails regarding my live traffic updates not working with a Porsche GB who in turn update me with things to do via Porsche Germany. The lasted email was received yesterday asked me to deactivate privacy for all services in the PCM, I did this and it still didn't fix the issue.

This morning I did a factory re-set and reconnected my phone etc but also selected the option of connection for data via my bluetooth device (phone) and removed my sim card altogether. Re entered the pairing code and Porsche connect details.......wasn't holding out much hope but it worked. My live traffic updates are back and the small globe symbol with the car is also back on the top of the PCM screen. I've done a few short trips this morning and it worked without fault every time.

Not sure if this is useful for anyone else with the same issue.....

I will be looking at that tomorrow then and advise. Fingers crossed!!!