Carmine Red GTS Collected

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Somehow, against all the odds, my car managed to slip through the system in March, made it to the dealer on Monday and I collected it yesterday (Friday). I'm absolutely over the moon, and surprised that it managed to get here given all the recent challenges. I ordered it in November, locked in December for a Feb build, which got pushed back slightly but I appreciate not as much as others.

I'm absolutely blown away by it in all honesty, it's far better than the Nottingham demo GTS I had (I didn't really like the spec of that car) and I have to say it's probably one of the best cars I've ever driven for all round ability. That's before I've been anywhere over 3.5k rpm (trying to be sensible and run it in properly!)

Standout bits for me are:

- 18 way seats. You lot on here had me really worried they would be too tight and uncomfortable, but I absolutely love them and find them super comfy. I'm well built with wide shoulders and they fit brilliantly, absolutely no complaints and I love the snug feel

- Burmeister. I knew I had to tick that box and it hasn't disappointed. The Bose is fairly average, the Burmy is a proper premium system and so far exactly what I'd hoped for

- Pan roof. I didn't originally want one, but I'm really glad I went for it. First time I've had an opening roof, also makes the cabin much lighter. Zero regrets

- Heated sports steering wheel. Being a bit smaller than the standard wheel it just feels so tactile, I also love the way it looks. A worthy and not overly expensive option

- Standard GTS spyder wheels. These look amazing. They'll be a real pain to clean, but imo they look much better than the expensive option wheels

I'm glad to say I think I got the spec pretty much perfect. The only thing I don't have - purely because I missed it - is the ambient lighting. It's a bit annoying as I would have ticked this, without it the car is completely dark at night. I'm glad I didn't go for the red contrast stitching in the end, it would have made the interior a bit busy and I just think the car would have been too red. The extended leather is a nice touch, the plastic lower dash and doorcards without it look and feel cheap.

Anyway, enough of my waffling. Here's a couple of pictures. I'll get some better ones when I've got it clean again!

IMG_7085.jpeg

IMG_7094.jpeg

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Beautiful Wotsits stunning colour! Which OPC was it from in the end??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Lovely looking car in the right colour ( Well I would say that wouldn't I :D ). The standard wheels on the Gen 3 GTS will be much easier to clean than the 20" ones on the Gen 2 GTS as the spoke arrangement is less complicated.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

I’m so happy for you Wotsits. I always get a kick out of seeing Carmine Reds being delivered because that is what I’m waiting for. Can’t bear how the suspension is dragging out, and never thought I would get so addicted to this forum while waiting.

Regarding ambient lighting, I am sure I never saw an option in the confusicator for this. Two areas where I have really loved recent BMWs and Minis is with their wonderful ambient lighting as well as stellar ergonomics for the bord computer.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Love a red car. Congrats on the purchase!
Agree about the 18 ways, don't get some of the comments about them.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks stunning! Many congrats! Definitely the best colour for a GTS, IMHO. :)

Amazing how different the colour looks between the inside and outside photos.

Enjoy! 😎

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Cheers All for the kind words.

The car came from Stockport, who managed to get me the car really quick vs a more local OPC (Notts is my local but quoted 18 months delivery, Stockport got me this one in 6).

I placed an order for my next car while I was there, my thinking being that if it arrives in 12 months or so this one will likely hardly have depreciated, so it makes sense to move into another new one whilst the market stays like this. So far I think the spec will be almost identical, with perhaps just the addition of red seatbelts and the ambient lighting if I can find it this time!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Wotsits wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:25 am Cheers All for the kind words.

The car came from Stockport, who managed to get me the car really quick vs a more local OPC (Notts is my local but quoted 18 months delivery, Stockport got me this one in 6).

I placed an order for my next car while I was there, my thinking being that if it arrives in 12 months or so this one will likely hardly have depreciated, so it makes sense to move into another new one whilst the market stays like this. So far I think the spec will be almost identical, with perhaps just the addition of red seatbelts and the ambient lighting if I can find it this time!
ICE?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

PorscheMack wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:29 am
Wotsits wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:25 am Cheers All for the kind words.

ICE?
I certainly hope so. My partner took delivery of her electric car yesterday, I must admit I'm pretty impressed with it but it's not for me. I'm holding out on big ICE cars for as long as possible!
steve21288

Post by steve21288 »

GlobalNomad wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:01 am I’m so happy for you Wotsits. I always get a kick out of seeing Carmine Reds being delivered because that is what I’m waiting for. Can’t bear how the suspension is dragging out, and never thought I would get so addicted to this forum while waiting.

Regarding ambient lighting, I am sure I never saw an option in the confusicator for this. Two areas where I have really loved recent BMWs and Minis is with their wonderful ambient lighting as well as stellar ergonomics for the bord computer.
I thought exactly the same so checked my order and the online configurator. There’s no “paid for” option on the configurator, but there is an Ambient Lighting package included within the Standard equipment section of both the configurator and my order (placed in July last year).

You certainly have done well with the lead-time. My car was due in July (11 months from order, but now this date has been removed and I have no indication of when it will land).