Anyone ordered a GTS in October 21?

All your ordering information here!
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Hi guys,
Just curious to know where people are at that ordered a GTS on or around October 21? Has anyone locked in yet? Got there order?
Interested to know how long the projected delivery would be or are they still looking at the Q4 22?
Thanks chaps
Last edited by TK421 on Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7

Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I was super, super lucky and ordered November '21 and I collected my car on Friday.

I used a dealer not local to me, as I'd had a tip off from someone that they were a new dealership so didn't have the order queues that the more established places did. I didn't fully believe them when they initially said I'd have my car by April/May but it's sat here on my drive so hats off to them!
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Unfortunately there is no linear national pipeline for orders so comparative order and delivery dates are meaningless. Each OPC has an allocation per model based on size and geographic location. In my case I ordered from my nearest OPC in Sept. There were 20 Macan orders in front of me. If I had known the "system" I should have rung around to find out who had the shortest delivery date. I was given a February delivery estimate so was happy with getting a 22 plate. I'm now bumped out to May. Hey Ho.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Alanc61

Post by Alanc61 »

Hi,
I ordered a GTS end of Nov 21, had regular updates from Opc, last one 4th Apr and been given date end of Q1 2023
New to Porsche
GTS ordered 28th Nov 21
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP314Q23
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The problem with ringing around is knowing whether you are being told the truth but being told something to get an order. Will often be the latter.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Then you get the other end of the scale !! I ordered a GTS with a large dealer end of July 21. Told would have car Q4 21, then Q1 22 then Q2 22, here we are April 22, 9 months on and I still have no allocation or date, and no response from the OPC, one previous SE has left and I'm on my second, now I just get "will let you know when we know". :oops: I have now been looking for an alternative as I'm really pissed off and have received the most awful service all round. I have had many Porsche's over the years and tried various OPC's but this time round is by far the worst. I know I will have a wait time with all manufactures but I am really seriously now looking elsewhere. :(
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
TK421

Post by TK421 »

So it’s a how long is a piece of string right? This was my understanding hence the question.
How much are the sales guys in the dark on this also? I mean the do have to give a answer to every asked question from the customer, so how much is lip service against how much they actually don’t know due to Porsches unique way of ordering cars?

My sales guys isn’t actually afraid of saying ‘I haven’t got a clue’ which I respect over the BS some sales guys spout.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

I placed an order for a Macan GTS beginning of October 2021, told it would probably be end of 2022 when I got it. Then contacted just before Christmas 2021 to say I could have it in April 22 as they had a cancelation. I wish I had took them up now but at the time my finances were a little stretched on a house extension. I then went in to lock in the order 3rd week in February. During the final config lock in discussion, I was told my build slot would see the cars back wheels as they put it coming off the production line on the 29th of May with delivery within 6 weeks...... then there was a BUT! and mention of potential delays due to wiring looms that were made in the Ukraine.

Since that visit to the OPC I've herd nothing from them even though I've emailed a couple of times with reference to a possible addition if there is delays.

Perhaps we should be naming and shaming the bad OPCs against the good ones for future buyers perusing the forum.
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

shaunyt0 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:20 pm I placed an order for a Macan GTS beginning of October 2021, told it would probably be end of 2022 when I got it. Then contacted just before Christmas 2021 to say I could have it in April 22 as they had a cancelation. I wish I had took them up now but at the time my finances were a little stretched on a house extension. I then went in to lock in the order 3rd week in February. During the final config lock in discussion, I was told my build slot would see the cars back wheels as they put it coming off the production line on the 29th of May with delivery within 6 weeks...... then there was a BUT! and mention of potential delays due to wiring looms that were made in the Ukraine.

Since that visit to the OPC I've herd nothing from them even though I've emailed a couple of times with reference to a possible addition if there is delays.

Perhaps we should be naming and shaming the bad OPCs against the good ones for future buyers perusing the forum.
OPC's have to much control over allocations. Porsche doesn't work like most other manufacturers but could quite easily. Nothing stops OPC's juggling orders to suite themselves or allow queue jumpers (favorite customers friends etc) . People wont name a bad OPC whilst they have an order pending as the OPC has to much control and can just bump you down the queue in retaliation, so they have you by the short and curly's basically.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Your probably right about the OPC having too much control, but do you think they could work out who the customer was that was moaning if they didn't have there Porsche code in the signature line etc, which I haven't sussed out how to do yet

There is another thread on here a gentleman who got a nice new Carmine Red GTS , I get the feeling hes the gentleman who got the slot I was offered. as its the same dealership.
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's