Anyone ordered a GTS in October 21?

All your ordering information here!
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

TK421 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:37 pm
shaunyt0 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:05 am Hi Quick update on my order, was ordered 1st October 21, I contacted OP on Thursday the 5th May which was the projected freeze / lock in date, SE contacted me back to say it was locked in the previous day the 4th, build is scheduled for 14th June, delivery mid to late July.
Wow, that’s pretty quick! Thanks for the update. Car looks great by the way :D

Hey no worries and thanks, hopefully it will stay on track but who knows could slip again, saying that the dealership did say that some of their cars had come forward a couple of weeks and some had slip. It seems that the less popular options were freely available and brought builds forward the more popular keep running out and delaying builds.

I will post a further update as I get it and hopefully at some points a pic or two.
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's

TK421

Post by TK421 »

shaunyt0 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:54 pm
TK421 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:37 pm
shaunyt0 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:05 am Hi Quick update on my order, was ordered 1st October 21, I contacted OP on Thursday the 5th May which was the projected freeze / lock in date, SE contacted me back to say it was locked in the previous day the 4th, build is scheduled for 14th June, delivery mid to late July.
Wow, that’s pretty quick! Thanks for the update. Car looks great by the way :D

Hey no worries and thanks, hopefully it will stay on track but who knows could slip again, saying that the dealership did say that some of their cars had come forward a couple of weeks and some had slip. It seems that the less popular options were freely available and brought builds forward the more popular keep running out and delaying builds.

I will post a further update as I get it and hopefully at some points a pic or two.
Look forward to it. Thanks again for updated the thread 😉
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

What are the less popular options. I’d have thought it would only be the pano roof that makes a difference, ie those body shells without the cutout in the roof perhaps.
Macan S MY 2023
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Skyway wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:50 pm What are the less popular options. I’d have thought it would only be the pano roof that makes a difference, ie those body shells without the cutout in the roof perhaps.
I’m guessing the more tech based options that require silicon chips and extra wiring looms, at a guess
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

TK421 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:18 pm I’m going to throw this straight out there, What’s peoples thoughts on Hatfield Porsche? Anyone any experiences with that dealership?
Feel free to PM me if you’re worried about prying eyes 👀

Sorry bit late to the party. I bought my Taycan from Hatfield but the Mrs Macan GTS came from E.London. Original SE seemed great. He left but tried to get his colleague to take over. Unfortunately they gave me someone else and needless to say he was underwhelming. Always mixed his dates up. All communications had to be initiated by myself. When I asked whether my car had arrived was told “oh yeah your car turned last week”. Wouldn’t do a Saturday handover as he said car couldn’t be registered. Tried to charge £600 for swissvax what I never asked for. Tbf that wasn’t the reason I went to E.London for the Macan. When making enquiries to multiple OPCs prior to the release of the Gen 3 GTS my SE himself alone already had 10 orders and he was 1 of 10 SE at Hatfield. Reading had 14 in total. E.London I was number 10. I was also getting a 1% discount via coast2coast and E.London is my local. Made sense going with them. Unfortunately another SE at E.London must’ve thought I was a time waster as they didn’t get back to me about the Taycan hence buying from Hatfield.
Lenlec

Post by Lenlec »

Ordered my gts aug 2021. Getting it july 2022
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Ordered Jan 2022,

I'm currently 15th in line. OPC West London reckons I will get allocation around August time as they expect 5-10 allocations per month in 'normal times', which they are anticipating returns shortly.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
TK421

Post by TK421 »

To be fair these lead times (if true) are pretty good. Let’s hope they materialise.
Thanks for the updates guys.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

azmj

Post by azmj »

Plyphon wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:06 pm Ordered Jan 2022,

I'm currently 15th in line. OPC West London reckons I will get allocation around August time as they expect 5-10 allocations per month in 'normal times', which they are anticipating returns shortly.
I will be very surprised if you get an allocation this August, I ordered last September and I am yet to get an allocation, been in the top 3 since March.
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Ordered mine last November and not expecting any movement till Aug/Sep
Macan S MY 2023